User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

installing maxx air fan in garage?

Hi was looking at installing a maxx air 7500k fan in my garage in my 348, right now I just have a manual vent up there no fan. I cant find any info on if there is 12 volt power up by the vent somewhere so does anyone know?

Also in the bathroom I have the maxx air 4500k fan and cant seem to find a vent cover that is tall enough to fit when the vent is all the way open, I bought the maxx fan vent cover its the one the is supposed to fit but it is about 1 inch to short!
    The only other way is trying to figure out if u can make it so the lid on the vent does not open so far! But I can not find any manual in my trailer for the maxx fan!

Any info would be apprieciated ! Thanks Brent

http://www.maxxair.com/products/maxx...ard_remote.php
    2016 momentum 348 m class
    2015 ram 3500 megacab DRW

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought a couple of fan covers and found they were an inch short also. They were the tallest I could find and the ones recommended to fit. Camping World said they can special order taller covers but couldn't come up with a price.

Can't help on the garage fan/wiring. Luck with that it sounds like a project.
    Chris & Honey & Mugsy
    2015 380TH -- Vin 573FM4221F1103069
    2015 Ram 3500 Dually

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before you go and all super tall vent covers....be sure your overall height doesn't exceed 13'6"...or those nice fancy super tall vent covers may likely get left behind after passing under a non interstate or under height viaduct.
    2012 Ram 3500 CCLB-CTD-DRW
    2016 Momentum 388M
    2015 Subaru Impreza
    1997 TJ Buggy

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brentalive View Post
    Hi was looking at installing a maxx air 7500k fan in my garage in my 348, right now I just have a manual vent up there no fan. I cant find any info on if there is 12 volt power up by the vent somewhere so does anyone know?

Also in the bathroom I have the maxx air 4500k fan and cant seem to find a vent cover that is tall enough to fit when the vent is all the way open, I bought the maxx fan vent cover its the one the is supposed to fit but it is about 1 inch to short!
    The only other way is trying to figure out if u can make it so the lid on the vent does not open so far! But I can not find any manual in my trailer for the maxx fan!

Any info would be apprieciated ! Thanks Brent

http://www.maxxair.com/products/maxx...ard_remote.php

If you have an AC unit in addition to the vent in the garage, there should be 12v at the AC unit (I've been told) then you can snake power to the vent through the ceiling from there. If you only have the vent then there might be power there (pre-wired?) Just take the beauty ring off and reach around in the ceiling and see if you find something. (been thinking of doing this mod also - next spring - but I will have to cut a hole for it like I did in my bedroom)

Awhile back I was looking for a cover for the fan in my kitchen (believe it is a 4500 or similar) and could not find a tall cover for it but the manufacturer said they have one made for it (probably the one you got that is too short) they insist it is made for it and the opener will stop when it hits the top. Never got around to getting one cuz not liking the idea of it stopping after it hits something. Maybe it is fine but ????
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE