User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    camperboy

what hitch are you using with a 2015 Ford F150?

I don't see any auto sliders that will work. What are you using?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I looked at the auto sliders but chose the simplicity of the manual slider.

I posted this a while ago on another thread . . . I have a manual Reese 16K slider and use it all the time, for a few reasons in addition to avoiding cab/camper contact. I hitch in the aft maneuver position because I have a clear view of the hitch through the back window of my crew cab. In the aft position, I can open the tailgate even if the truck is not exactly aligned to the camper. With the hitch pushed back, I have a lot more room to get at the front storage compartment. And lastly, it seems to me that the camper reacts more quickly to steering inputs when backing with the pin being 10" behind the rear axle centreline rather than when it is centered over the axle, in the tow position.

Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

camperboy
    Are the mounting rails above the bed or below?
    Thanks

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by camperboy View Post
    Are the mounting rails above the bed or below?
    Thanks
    Rails are above the bed. I don't think anybody makes an under the bed attachment for an F150.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

camperboy
    Thanks. I haven't been able to find any under the bed rails.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was kind of "bothered" about having rails in the bed. But, they really are not a problem. In fact, when loading plywood or similar, they provide really good slide surfaces to keep material from damaging the bed surface. Reese offers custom F150 attachment brackets that go on the outside of the truck frame rails. A little more money, but far more robust than the "universal" brackets and really easy to install.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

camperboy
    Thanks. How is the locking jaw on the Reese? Once latched is there any safety to keep it latched? On my pullrite even if the handle retracts it still may not be latched. It has done that to me twice but luckily I didn't tear up anything

Also do you happen to know what the Reese and rails weigh?

Thanks

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. How is the locking jaw on the Reese? Once latched is there any safety to keep it latched? On my pullrite even if the handle retracts it still may not be latched. It has done that to me twice but luckily I didn't tear up anything

Also do you happen to know what the Reese and rails weigh?

Thanks
    I have the Reese Titan Hitch with cast head and interlocking teeth on the pin capture. There is an indicator pin that pops out if the pin is correctly engaged and the latch handle can be locked in the closed position. The slider mechanism is round tube and moves easily even if the ground is not level.
    http://www.reeseprod.com/products/fi...BrcMeTEENU8ezQ

It is not a light hitch . . . I would guess with rails and brackets probably close to 200 lbs. The head and base come apart easily for removing from the truck in two pieces. Probably about 75 lbs each.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

camperboy
    looks like 200 lbs from the website. Then the rails an additional 61 lbs and Reese at the moment doesn't make rails specific for the aluminum body F150s. I am not sure these rails will work as you can't put steel in direct contact with aluminum or corrosion will occur

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not sure these rails will work as you can't put steel in direct contact with aluminum or corrosion will occur
    That would be an interesting question to ask directly to Ford. There are aluminum/steel interfaces all over the new trucks. They must have a plan for this. Both OEM and for the addition of aftermarket accessories.

Rob

Edit: See https://www.fleet.ford.com/truckbbas/non-html/Q-222.pdf
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast