Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Reflection almost one year old....lots of bugs

We are coming to the end of our first year with our Reflection. Here are a list of fixes so far ..
    - first trip out (to the desert) the water pump quit the first 5 minutes of use. USB port stopped working
    - second trip out, two weeks in Utah, back of trailer leaked , causing delamination. Back replaced. Handle to pull out couch bed tore loose, wood support broke. Bathroom sink leaked
    - third trip out to the ocean -large slider not adjusted right, floppy at the top, damaged trim, loosened refrigerator support. Lower door covering water heater came loose, screw missed the wood it was being screwed into. Burners quit lighting with lighter. Back up camera quit. Batteries ot holding charge, had to be replaced.
    Fourth short trip - gauge for propane tanks quit. Door under sink having trouble staying closed. Pulled in large slide out, vibration opened door, pushed it into pantry door. Couldn't see it had opened from slide panel. Vent hinge and pushed pantry door into pantry damaging trim.

I hope all the bugs are out as the one year warranty is almost over . Anyone else have these issues?
    Steve and Kathie Wolf
    2015 Reflection 303 RLS
    Newcastle, CA

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope. Only thing that I can see is the cold water faucet on the outside shower is frozen shut. That's it.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow that's a lot of problems. Poor build quality IMO. I don't think the new PDI building GD is building would help in any of those situations. Hopefully just early growing pains. I'm guessing you had one of the early build units.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am coming up on my 1 year of ownership and have had the following repairs performed:

Awning Motor would not roll up - Replaced
    Awning Speakers broken wire - Hate the sound quality anyway, wish they would have mounted in the side of the unit so that I could replace with quality speakers
    USB port in Bedroom not working- Replaced
    Grease Seals on all four wheels leaking - Replaced with new seals and installed two new backing plates
    Cracked Rim allowing air to pass only when under load, if tire removed, no air escapes - Replaced with new tire and wheel
    Heater Blower Motor broken fins, lost screw - New blower motor and fan

All work performed at the Dealer and all work under warranty.

List is certainly longer than any list I have had with my previous Jayco or FunFinder RV's. I must say that my dealer has been exceptionally great to work with and Grand Design stepped up quickly regarding the tire issue .

Would I buy another Grand Design - Absolutely!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Out of curiosity - on the USB port failures. How many devices were plugged in? If more than 1, what were they?
    Editor - www.RamGunner.com and www.MomentumGunner.com
    2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
    B&W RVK3600 5th Wheel Hitch/Reese 30140 Gooseneck Ball/Gen-Y HDGH-604 Receiver
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve & Kathy--not good to hear about this list but it is an interesting litany of some unusual issues many of which have never come up on this forum as I recall in my over 1 1/2 years in reading/sharing.

Who fixed these items and since GDRV requires pictures where they cover the costs, did you and/or the repairing dealer (which dealer(s) by the way ?) take pictures ?

You have a "propane gauge" by the way ?........not seen this on any GDRV.

We did not have any of these issues come up with our 303.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Left The Driveway
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are only two slots. Generally both were used. One for an iPhone, one for an iPad.
    Steve and Kathie Wolf
    2015 Reflection 303 RLS
    Newcastle, CA

Left The Driveway
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had all of the work done under warranty by a certified repair dealer in our area. We bought the unit in Reno, NV, but live in California, so had repairs done locally. The propane gauge tells you whether the tank is empty or full. We have a 2015 303 RLS Reflection. Grand design has been very quick to take care of everything. Great customer service at grand Design and the dealer repairing.
    Steve and Kathie Wolf
    2015 Reflection 303 RLS
    Newcastle, CA

Left The Driveway
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hoping all of the bugs are out. We have a 2015 303 RLS. Bought it the end of 2014 and took possession in Jan 2015.
    Steve and Kathie Wolf
    2015 Reflection 303 RLS
    Newcastle, CA

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RamGunner View Post
    Out of curiosity - on the USB port failures. How many devices were plugged in? If more than 1, what were they?
    Ours was dead from the start. Didn't think to check during PDI, and on first "shake down" weekend trip we realized it didn't work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast