User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    bigjohnintexas

Help me turn on my lights

Just got my 380th home. I was looking around and found two small led lights, one under each end of the kitchen island, but I can't find a switch that will turn them on.

Also, there are two switches under the microwave. One turns on the light over the range and micro. The other one does nothing that I can see. Can someone shed some light on what it is for?

Thanks

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Switch under micro is probably pantry light. If like mine it is the main switch and the secondary is on the light in the pantry.

Blue lights under counter come on with the "mood" lights. Switch probably on entertainment center somewhere.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

bigjohnintexas
    You were correct about the pantry light. The second switch under the microwave controls that. I spent about 30 min last night trying to get the lights under the ends of the island to turn on. No switchest I have make it turn on. I also can't find any wires going to them. I'm not sure they are hooked up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maybe they are those new fancy wireless lights....
    2012 Ram 3500 CCLB-CTD-DRW
    2016 Momentum 388M
    2015 Subaru Impreza
    1997 TJ Buggy

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjohnintexas View Post
    You were correct about the pantry light. The second switch under the microwave controls that. I spent about 30 min last night trying to get the lights under the ends of the island to turn on. No switchest I have make it turn on. I also can't find any wires going to them. I'm not sure they are hooked up.
    Have you been able to turn the blue lights on that are above/around the entertainment center?
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John - Nearly all the main light switches are tucked under the upper cabinets on both sides of the wine rack. 3 light switches on the door side and 2/3 on the slide side of the cabinets. They are hidden and you won't see them unless you stick yer head down there.

The small blue lights on the ends of the island are controlled with one of the switches. The wiring is tucked into the top of the shelves at the end of the island. You can take the shelves off with several screws to get to the wiring. It's a bit of a PITA to remove the screws though.
    Chris & Honey & Mugsy
    2015 380TH -- Vin 573FM4221F1103069
    2015 Ram 3500 Dually

bigjohnintexas
    I dug deeper with some help from Ray at GD. They are definitely supposed to be wired in with the same light that is in the cubby over the sliding doors. I think I found out the issue today in that they weren't hooked up at the switch. I had to pull the switch to realize that, but I need to speak with Ray tomorrow to see what the wires that were run to the lights come from.

Didn't realize they were blue until they were shining tonight. Now I need to see if I can swap them out somehow for the same whitish color as the one over the sliding doors.