User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    camperboy

2015 F150 with airbags and bed rails

Anybody have a '15 F150 and using air bags and bed rails for your fiver hitch? If so what are you using?

Thanks

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most F150's aren't capable of towing a 5th wheel. Payload capacity is too low. Shouldn't have to add airbags if you have the right truck.

NachoFirme
    you should be good with firestone ride rites but be extra careful when towing over weight. what concerns me if the axel limits in the rear if towing a 5ver

camperboy
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    Most F150's aren't capable of towing a 5th wheel. Payload capacity is too low. Shouldn't have to add airbags if you have the right truck.
    Thanks Mr Weight Police.

camperboy
    The question is for 2015 F150 owners; if you have air bags and in the bed rails what are you using?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by camperboy View Post
    The question is for 2015 F150 owners; if you have air bags and in the bed rails what are you using?
    To clarify camperboy's request, note the 2015 part of his question. This is the new aluminum box, which could pose corrosion concerns when drilling holes for steel rails. A valid question. Probably everyone on this forum already knows all about the TV and Reflection in my signature .

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK camperboy, I have a '15 F150 and using air bags with bed rails. The bed rails are Reese units specifically for this truck (complete with corrosion isolators), I got the mounts for installing outside the rails to make the install easier. I'm using the Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate springs and work fine with 20psi when the bed is empty and 40psi with the trailer. I have the wireless air compressor to make adjustments easily, and it's mounted in the cab under the rear seats so it stays clean and dry. I think we can safely ignore goducks14, he hasn't done the research.

Ben
    Sharon, Ben & Maggi-Ann (the Cockapoo)
    2014 Reflection 293RES with Airborne Sidewinder
    2015 Ford F150 Ecoboost 4x4 Crewcab with Reese R16

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have exactly the same Reese custom attachment brackets, hitch and Airlift airbag system as Ben (mbaker) has. Because the attachment brackets go on the outside of the frame rails, the Firestone airbags will not fit. The Airlift bags go under the frame rail and there is no interference with the Reese brackets.

I run similar pressures to what Ben does. It is important to note that the airbags are NOT disguising an overload condition. They are tuning the ride for different road surfaces (which is why the onboard compressor is a good idea). The truck sits level without any pressure in the bags and with 30 psi (which is what I usually run) the back end of the truck lifts about 1/2".

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

camperboy
    Thanks. Do either of you have the part numbers that you used? I was told that I couldn't use airbags that mounted outside the frame rail but I haven't saw any that mounted different (I have had Firestones on 4 different trucks). Nice to know that Air Lift bags will work

Thanks again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by camperboy View Post
    Thanks. Do either of you have the part numbers that you used? I was told that I couldn't use airbags that mounted outside the frame rail but I haven't saw any that mounted different (I have had Firestones on 4 different trucks). Nice to know that Air Lift bags will work

Thanks again
    Hi camperboy:

My F150 has the 6.5' bed; however, I still had the trailer come too close on those almost 90 degree bends so I added a Reese Airborne SideWinder. Now I can go PAST 90, and eliminated the chucking.

I used (just copy and paste into your browser):
    Air Lift 88284 see: https://www.airliftcompany.com/vehic...wheel-drive/#l
    Air Lift 25870 see: https://www.airliftcompany.com/shop/25870/
    Reese RP56013-53 rails, look for them at etrailer.com
    Reese RP30869 hitch, also etrailer.com

Ben
    Sharon, Ben & Maggi-Ann (the Cockapoo)
    2014 Reflection 293RES with Airborne Sidewinder
    2015 Ford F150 Ecoboost 4x4 Crewcab with Reese R16

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast