User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    NachoFirme

my storage under the bed has water in it!

Not the storage under the inside bed but the outside storage located under the bed on the 313. After a big storm I found some water on the floor inside and could not figure out where it was coming in from. I checked the seals and silicone surrounding the door but I found no holes. Any ideas how the water got in there? From what I know the storage has no piping running on top since it's the platform the bed sits on. So it had to have come from either the side wall from the slide out or from underneath which makes no sense.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would still bet that it's leakage around the doors/seals related to the storm. The other things to check would be the hot/clod water lines on the ceiling of the storage area feeding the washer hook-up in the front wardrobe or leaks from the back of the Nautilus panel. You should be able to remove a panel to access that area.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

james quinn
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave and Monica View Post
    I would still bet that it's leakage around the doors/seals related to the storm. The other things to check would be the hot/clod water lines on the ceiling of the storage area feeding the washer hook-up in the front wardrobe or leaks from the back of the Nautilus panel. You should be able to remove a panel to access that area.

Dave
    I don't think there are any plumbing lines running through the slide which is where this storage unit is located. My guess is as Dave said, the seals. Water may have been deflected inside by the hinge along the top of the door on the exterior side (continuous hinge protrudes slightly). If the seal isn't tight water could enter. Silicone spray on gasket may fix problem.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is something I must investigate also. My 337 has water in the basement when we get a rainstorm with some wind.

Norcalrv1
    And mine does also. I think it is the Anderson can't leak valve that is the problem .

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoFirme View Post
    Not the storage under the inside bed but the outside storage located under the bed on the 313. After a big storm I found some water on the floor inside and could not figure out where it was coming in from. I checked the seals and silicone surrounding the door but I found no holes. Any ideas how the water got in there? From what I know the storage has no piping running on top since it's the platform the bed sits on. So it had to have come from either the side wall from the slide out or from underneath which makes no sense.
    ......I would suspect a leaking Andersen KantLeak valve...... We had that problem about a month ago and the carpet was getting wet in the bedroom next to the closet. ..... remove the screws in the side panel by the KantLeak valve and use a flash light to view the valve & piping to see if there are any leaks there. This may or may not be your problem. But it was in our case.....The KantLeak valve was replaced under warranty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had the same type of a problem on out new 305RE and solved it by using silicone sealant on the screws that hold the basement door in and also put some half inch foam around the door where we could see light when sitting inside with the door closed. Good luck hope this works,
    John and Sue
    2023 Chevy 3500 HD DRW High Country
    2022 Solitude 345-GK-R

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had the same thing happen to us and what I realized is that there is a drain spout coming off the roof right above the door. The wind blows the rain onto the side and it runs down into the hinge then leaks in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    This is something I must investigate also. My 337 has water in the basement when we get a rainstorm with some wind.
    Wow. Will have to keep an eye on mine, also. I recently had a water leak in my basement but caught it pretty quickly so no damage. The hose connection to my exterior shower had come unscrewed. Go figure! Never used the exterior shower. Took the screws out of the wall panel and there it was behind the panel. Had come unscrewed. Suggest everyone check their exterior shower hose connection to the plumbing behind the wall panel. Not worth the water damage it could cause if left unchecked.

Bbirds14
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS. #494
    RV Goldens: Zeus and Barnaby
    F-250 4x4 Diesel
    Bbirds14
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Zeus and Barnaby, Golden Retrievers
    F250 Lariat, SWB, 6.7L Diesel, 4x4 (Kodi)
    2014 Reflection 337RLS #494

NachoFirme
    sorry everyone, havent been on here in months! i found out the problem was humidity building up inside my trailer. i got a digital temp/humidity meter and my humidity would climb to almost 80% when it rains! i used my vents to get some fresh air inside my trailer and ended up putting in a box of baking soda in my storage. so far i have not had any moisture in there. good luck!