Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New 328M Momentum owner in Utah

I picked up my new Momentum 328M today. As I'm sure you have all felt, I'm pretty excited. This is my first camper trailer of any sort, so I have a few things to learn. I will be living out of it at least part time. I work in film, and so I travel a lot for extended stays. I've gotten tired of living out of hotels, and figured if I grabbed a camper trailer, I could live out of it, and m money would be going towards something I owned. I've been on the lookout for a good deal for about half a year now, and with the season ending, and hunting season just over, I found one I liked.

I actually wanted a 5th wheel toy hauler, but as short as I could get it so I could still access remote sites with it. Still, the thing is huge on the road. I had to grab the tractor and widen my driveway in order to make the turn around the house. Still, I love it. My sisters family and her kids are sleeping in it over the holiday, it's nice to have extra rooms suddenly available for company, and I'll try and use that time to become familiar with it before I'm on the road.

I am adding the washer and dryer, and the roof mounted 150w solar panel. I'm also adding skirting, I tend to work in some cold places, and anything extra helps.

I've already flipped the garage breaker twice today with the fireplace on. It's 26 degrees outside, but the central air seems to be doing okay. I will need to ad a 50 amp 110v plug at the house for when we want to use the trailer at home like now.

We were all sitting out in the hot tub tonight, and I tried to turn on the outside tv, figuring it was perfectly places to view from the houses spa. I was hoping that I could play dvd's on it from the inside dvd player. Are they not linked up? I know the external speakers are hooked to it, so it would only make sense for the tv to be as well right? On that note, I cant figure out how to change the speakers. The external speakers are on, and I wouldn't want them on later when I'm watching a movie in there. The owners manual says there are three buttons on the face labeled A, B, and C, for the different speaker controls, but no such buttons exist on my unit.

Also, is it only DVD player? Or is it a blu Ray? I tried loading a blu ray to start, and it didn't recognize it. I'm hoping that was just a fluke. Most of my video library is digital now anyways, I guess I could download it to an external hard drive, but I own very few dvd's. and tons of blu rays. please tell me the blu rays will work in there.

Aside from all of that, just bugs I'm figuring out to start with, I really do love it. I looked at most of the different high end toy haulers out there, and it came down quickly to two favorites. The Grand design, and the Winnebago Scorpion. The Scorpion didn't come in a shorter size, so the grand design won. I couldn't be more pleased.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12248136_933041106743750_1235401106795160135_o.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	3448

Picking it up at General RV in Utah.

james quinn
    Congrats on the trailer. Judging by the smile on the guy on the right in the picture, that's the salesman who just earned a fat commission?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is correct. In all fairness he did take good care of me. He got me a price about 10k less than any rate I could find online for the same model and year.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats, and welcome to the family! Unless they have changed in the newer units, no blu ray just dvd.
    Scott and Jan Platt Ocala, FL
    Cameron(Son) & Chica(chihuahua)
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 4X4, Crew Cab, Dually, Diesel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations on your purchase. Welcome to the GD family. Like Scott and Jan said, I believe there is only the dvd player, no blu-ray
    David & Linda - Plainview, VA
    2008 3500HD CrewCab DRW
    2014 369RL #258
    2007 Solstice
    2008 TrailBlazer
    2016 Kia Sorento
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys, and just to confirm, the dvd player is only hooked up to the living room tv? Not to the bedroom, garage, or outside tv's?

Charlesandkate
    Welcome and congrats on the new part time home!!!! Looks great!
    You're going to love it! As for the players. I know mine are only dvd. We're looking at replacing them with better versions now because what they chose to instal is TERRIBLE!!
    Other than small thing we have no complaints!
    Again congrats and welcome!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To switch the speakers from inside to outside (or a blend of both), you have to use the "Fader" setting. Press the Volume button repeatedly to access the settings (Bass, Treble, Balance, Fader), then turn it to adjust the "fading".

Congrats on the new camper!
    2016 Momentum 350M (w/Goodyear G614 tires matched perfect and staggered special!)
    2010 Ford F350 Lariat 6.4L PowerStroke 4x4 CrewCab SRW
    PullRite SuperGlide 20k hitch

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Congratulations rrefects and welcome to the forum!

Steve

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast