User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    wlesage

Carbon Monoxide and Gas Alarm

Was wondering if anyone else is having their alarm going off excessively? We have had our propane off for several days and we get a gas (not CO2) alarm 2-3 times each day on our detector.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any chance your batteries are real low? There is a warning chirp that starts up when the batteries get below a certain level. It's different than the alarm. I've had that happen, but no false alarms.
    Keith Regli
    2016 Momentum 388m
    2015 Silverado 3500HD DRW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wlesage View Post
    Was wondering if anyone else is having their alarm going off excessively? We have had our propane off for several days and we get a gas (not CO2) alarm 2-3 times each day on our detector.
    Take the alarm off the wall and look for a date on the back. That is where they are generally located. The sensors have an expiration date. I had a Jayco one time that the alarm kept going off and the dealer replaced it. It had not expired but I guess it just went belly up.

wlesage
    Quote Originally Posted by kregli View Post
    Any chance your batteries are real low? There is a warning chirp that starts up when the batteries get below a certain level. It's different than the alarm. I've had that happen, but no false alarms.
    Batteries are full up.

wlesage
    They are good for 4 more years.

james quinn
    They are good for 4 more years.
    That's some accurate calculation !! I change my batteries every year on everything. Leave the batteries in the trailer over the winter ... not great. I have changed my smoke and carbon monoxide detectors to a talking combo type with lithium ion batteries and removed them when I parked the trailer for the winter. I have no illusions that they will last the ten years the manufacturer claims so I expect to be using the warranty at some time.

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi @wlesage,

I've taken the liberty of asking Ryan Prough, the Warranty Manager here at Grand Design RV, to contact you. Or if it is more convenient for you, please feel free to contact Ryan at (574) 825-9679.

Best regards,
    ~ Janice
    Mailing & shipping address: Grand Design RV, Attn: Customer Support, 13868 CR 4, Bristol IN 46507
    Hours: Monday - Friday (8:00 am - 5:00 pm EST, closed holidays)

- Phones: Grand Design RV Corporate at (574) 825-8000 or Customer Support (direct) at (574) 825-9679
    - Fax: (574) 825-9249
    - Email: [email protected]

- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GrandDesignRv
    - Twitter: https://twitter.com/granddesignrv
    - Google+: https://plus.google.com/113479014558069639097
    - LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grand-design-rv-llc
    - Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/granddesignrv
    - YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHa...PuUd3J3NHNyXVQ

For EMERGENCY or immediate assistance contact your RV dealer or GDRV Customer Support directly at (574) 825-9679 with your 17-digit RV VIN, name, and phone number.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carbon Monoxide and Gas Alarm

Assume you mean the LP/CO detector. It. Hard wired to 12v - no battery. They are supposed to have a 5 year life from installation, but after a year and 3-4 false alarms a day, I went on-line and ordered a replacement. I've not had a single false alarm since I installed it a month ago. The replacement I got was the same brand, but a flush mount which looks much neater than the surface mount unit GD used.

As and aside, I also installed a 9v CO detector in the bedroom just for safety's sake.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)

wlesage
    Thanks Janice

wlesage
    Its the same one you described. Was trying to glean some info before I went out and bought a new one. Thanks for your insight.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast