User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hyd. pump and self leving and operating of the slides

I have been having an issue of when bringing in the slides (living room) I know the hyd. pump is used and it stops you hear click and push the switch again it starts to move again I know this happens when its cold but the lat few times I'm in a location that its 75 degrees so its not cold also when taking up the jacks they will stop and start up a couple times, any one else having this happen? And what is the issue and can be done to get this working like it did as new
    2015 385
    2012 Dodge 3500
    Meyers Tow'd (Tiger Tow'd)
    Meyers Tow'd (Norra Race Tow'd)
    1923 VW mid engine T bucket
    Bigdog Mastiff

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry I can't help you with you self leveling but I was very surprised to see someone here with a Meyers Tow'd. My dad was a Meyers Manx dealer in the sixties. Our Manx was serial number 498. Post some pictures sometime. Good luck with your leveling system. I'm sure someone here will get you fixed up.
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty PSD
    B&W Companion hitch
    Rubber turtle with no name

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The hydraulic system uses a auto-resetting circuit breaker on the power feed. They've been known to weaken over time and require replacement. It should be located close to the hyd. pump. You may want to clean/lubricate the rams on the slide drive and levelers first to see if that helps.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've been having the same start/ stop problem with the jacks on our 2016 Momentum. It only happens when the jacks are coming up. They always restart but it's annoying. We will check the circuit but the trailer is only seven months old. Any one else seeing the same thing? Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There have been several threads on this site in the past year, about breakers being tripped. If you do a search, you should find an answer. We had the same problems during the last several months. I replaced the main breaker located near the battery box by the hydraulic pump, which was one about 50 amps. The easiest way to figure out which one it is, would be to disconnect each line until you find which one powers the slides or jacks. On my unit, one breaker powers the pump for both the slides and jacks. I was able to buy a breaker at one of the auto parts stores for about five or six bucks. One the breaker begins to trip it becomes weaker over time. Our unit was about six months old when it began to trip. Have not had an issue, after doing the replacement.

Gord and Janet Fuchs
    Presently at Lakeside RV Park
    Livingston, LA

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, gordofuchs! I guess the breaker is the place to start.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave and Monica View Post
    The hydraulic system uses a auto-resetting circuit breaker on the power feed. They've been known to weaken over time and require replacement. It should be located close to the hyd. pump. You may want to clean/lubricate the rams on the slide drive and levelers first to see if that helps.

Dave
    I was having the same problem and Tim at the Quartzite rally let us know that is the auto circuit breaker getting weaker, as Dave above noted. Find the Hydraulic pump and follow the red wire back to a junction box. Mine was covered by a plastic type cover. Apparently they are a $6 part to replace.
    Denis
    2017 Solitude RES 375.
    12- 160w Solar Panels, 800 amps Lithium. Off the grid we go!!
    Ram 3500 DRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why would a circuit breaker get weaker with use? Amperage overrated, excessive amperage, or poorly built. Probably the latter?
    Becky, BoBo and Mike
    2015 Solitude 369RL
    2020 GMC 2500 Duramax
    Anderson Ultimate 5th wheel hitch

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtclod View Post
    Why would a circuit breaker get weaker with use? Amperage overrated, excessive amperage, or poorly built. Probably the latter?
    It just happens. Believe it or not, you home circuit breakers do the same thing. The difference is you rarely reach that "weak" point. But they do in fact get more sensitive over time.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a central GFCI residential breaker in a stick built home that did this. It was tripped maybe 2 or 3 times, and then virtually anything would trip it. It was a Siemens if I remember right - not shoddy - but I had to replace it several times. Those are very sensitive.
    Editor - www.RamGunner.com and www.MomentumGunner.com
    2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
    B&W RVK3600 5th Wheel Hitch/Reese 30140 Gooseneck Ball/Gen-Y HDGH-604 Receiver
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast