User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    coxdav

License requirement

I live in Ohio which does not require a special endorsement for pulling a fifth wheel but traveling to california which has special license requirements. My rv dealer told me, I am bound by what state I am licensed in. Looking for anyone who may know about this. The last thing I want is to go into a state that has requirements and I find myself in a heep of trouble.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you answered your own question. They (California Residents) have special licensing requirements. This time the dealer is right!
    Susan and Jim
    2015 Reflection 27RL
    2013 Ford F350 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4 SRW
    PullRite Superglide 16K Hitch
    Timbren SES

james quinn
    Quote Originally Posted by Centurion View Post
    I think you answered your own question. They (California Residents) have special licensing requirements. This time the dealer is right!
    What are the odds of that !?

coxdav
    Thanks for the feedback. I love California but so glad I am from the Midwest. It's my second home. I lived in Escondido while I was stationed at Camp Pendleton

kenstel
    Quote Originally Posted by coxdav View Post
    I live in Ohio which does not require a special endorsement for pulling a fifth wheel but traveling to california which has special license requirements. My rv dealer told me, I am bound by what state I am licensed in. Looking for anyone who may know about this. The last thing I want is to go into a state that has requirements and I find myself in a heep of trouble.
    Let me start with a disclaimer. I am not an attorney. Now having stated that let me say the legal term of art that would apply here is 'comity'. Each state (pursuant to comity) recognizes and accepts the legal requirements from a persons home of domicile. Therefore comity mandates that if you are legal at your domicile you are legal in each of the fifty states. And while I am not an attorney you can go to the bank with that.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Comity and comedy are practiced here in Cali. Have a good trip.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE