Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Garage Mattress Covers and Size

I want to buy a pad or cover for the bench seating that folds together and makes a bed in the garage AND for the top mattress that comes down. I tried Queen size and they are too small. I measured the top mattress and it is an OFF size....60"x90" King size won't work either. Any suggestions as to what I might could get to add additional comfort to those beds in the garage...where to buy and what to buy and the size.

bigjohnintexas
    I haven't gotten as far as measuring yet, but I was planning on putting an air mattress under the mattress on the top bed, then I could deflate it when we are not using it and keep the air flow moving through there. Those are some wild dimensions but the queen foam mattress we bought for our other RV is close to that and my wife and I love that mattress though it doesn't fold. You could always pull the thin mattress that comes with them down and put it on the folding couches below and use an air mattress alone for the top bunk. Let us know what you find out as I am about to start putting some thought into this as well.

The mattress we purchased was the one linked below and we took a two week vacation this summer with it; slept better than my very expensive bed at home. Dimensions are close at 60x80"
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o05_s01

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just took out the "pad" and put a queen mattress in its place. We usually end up moving the mattress down to the "couch bed" for the in-laws so they don't have to climb up top.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to this site, under the 200-250 thread count, 60x90 is a Queen XXL. Maybe there's something on the site that will fit (no pun intended) your needs.

https://bedderbedding.net/index.cfm?...&category_ID=6
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, those were for sheets. The custom pads can be found here: https://bedderbedding.net/index.cfm?...category_ID=10
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Charlesandkate
    We haven't bought anything for the garage yet, but we did buy a mattress pad for the bed room and the same theory applies. We bought the the king size memory foam topper that Costco sells. They also have the bed in a box, but we were nervous that would be too thick.

Get the queen sized one for the mattress in the garage. Yes, it will be the wrong size, just buy it bigger than you need. We took an electric knife and cut it down to size. Eazy peazy, we have a custom mattress topper. :-)

If you get the topper, careful because it comes in a nice size box, but then opens like the Christmas tree from the movie Christmas Vacation with Chevy Chase. I was stuck against the wall for about 30 mins trying to squirm for air. With some pre planning however, you can avoid that!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny you should mention this. We took out the cheap thin mattress in our bedroom and bought a nice foam mattress. I was surprised when they gave me a heavy box about the size of a large sleeping bag rolled up. Laid out the mattress sliced the plastic wrap and wham a mattress explodes. Reminded me of the very same thing, Christmas Vacation.
    Jerry & Jeanine
    2016 Ram 3500 MegaCab Diesel
    2014 Reflection 293RES (sold)
    2020 Reflection 303RLS

Charlesandkate
    Haha! Exactly! I feel your pain, my friend! [emoji12]