Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question about schedule for warranty work

I need a little reality check and input from fellow RV'ers. I have a less than 30 day old Imagine that has several warranty issues to be corrected. The dealer I purchased it from just told me it will be the the week after Christmas before they can get it in to be looked at. I asked if warranty work was given priority or just put into the schedule wherever it happened to fall. During the process of his trying to sidestep the answer I finally got that they put it in the mix wherever it falls. About 8 days ago I was told I could make an appointment for 5 days from then but since I was going to be using it the next day and they didn't think it would be ready I said I would just keep it until I returned. During this call I explained to him that there were 2 places on the roof that the self-leveling sealant had settled when applied and created a void around the trim. His temporary solution was to put a piece of duct tape on it.

So, my question. Am I being treated unfairly by the service department and does it seem like they are perhaps not as reasonable as one might hope. Thnaks in advance for your opinions.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's generally what you can expect with dealers. You don't mention your location, but if it's at end of season there are probably lots of folks getting things fixed after the season or having rigs winterized.

I'd make sure to photograph the void areas and still submit it to GD even though you're working with your dealer. That way you'll have documentation in case future damage is discovered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Give GD a call. Sometimes they can get things expedited.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And to think that Grand Design is paying $100 to $150 for those guys to do warranty work. Even plumbers don't charge that much, and we know what prominent people they are.

It's not enough to go shopping for new RV's. It's even more important to shop for a high quality dealer with a reputation for good, fast service.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dealer means little for those of us full-timing since we are rarely near our dealer. Consistently of service urgency between dealers would sure be nice, but I think that's years down the road if ever.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)