Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Towing doubles

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking Towing doubles

We're picking up our 303 on December 9, 2015... Looking forward to moving up from our current class A...

Are any members pulling a trailer with the stock receivers? (Boat, ATV, motorcycle, Hoveround )

I've been in contact with GD regarding the receiver and it's suitability for pulling a 1100#-1200# motorcycle trailer...

They (obviously) took the company line that "the receiver is intended for a 300# max. carrying platform... and that any other use would be up to the owners discretion..."

"Any other use" would almost certainly void the frame warranty...

Dealer said the receiver could have gussets added to beef it up...again, most certainly voiding the frame warranty...

The plan now is to do without the trailer/sidecar "double" until such time as the frame warranty expires... Then get on down to the metal fabricator to beef up the hitch... Unless someone relates a horror story regarding "overloading" the back of the Reflection...
    2005 Chevrolet 2500HD D/A CC LB 4WD
    2016 Reflection 303RLS
    VIN: 573FR332XG3305974
    2007 Ural GearUp Arctic

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Towing doubles

I would suggest removing the hitch and adding weld to the brackets where they attach to the frame. They are only spot welded from the factory. Also add a brace like they did at the leaf spring brackets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Huey
    Ky
    2015 29RS
    2008 2500HD Chevrolet Duramax

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan S854 View Post
    We're picking up our 303 on December 9, 2015... Looking forward to moving up from our current class A...

Are any members pulling a trailer with the stock receivers? (Boat, ATV, motorcycle, Hoveround )

I've been in contact with GD regarding the receiver and it's suitability for pulling a 1100#-1200# motorcycle trailer...

They (obviously) took the company line that "the receiver is intended for a 300# max. carrying platform... and that any other use would be up to the owners discretion..."

"Any other use" would almost certainly void the frame warranty...

Dealer said the receiver could have gussets added to beef it up...again, most certainly voiding the frame warranty...

The plan now is to do without the trailer/sidecar "double" until such time as the frame warranty expires... Then get on down to the metal fabricator to beef up the hitch... Unless someone relates a horror story regarding "overloading" the back of the Reflection...
    Ivan - searching for any threads about towing double, I came across this 4 yr old posting. Did you ever replace or strengthen the hitch? Are you towing double?

Thank you!

Tony

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk