Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Onstar 4G lte

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Onstar 4G lte

Just wondering if anyone is using the onstar 4G lte service and if it's worth it. We had the 3 month trial when we bought the Silverado and I believe it was only 3G. Dropped their service after the 3 months because I didn't feel like essentially paying over $300 a year just to use their gps. We've got Good Sams to cover roadside assistance and towing which covers all our vehicles and the 303. I've looked at onstar now and they have non-subscriber 10GB/12 month plan for $200. This is the same price that SiriusXM wants to renew for a year. I've thought about dropping that and going with onstar 4G instead. Any feedback is more than welcome.

Thanks, Tommy
    Tommy & Elaine Thornton
    Manassas, VA
    2015 Chevy 2500HD Z-71 6.0 crew cab short bed
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 3 month trial ended earlier this month too. I have not subscribed either for the price. I thought the gps was part of the 4G lte coverage also, but we used the gps two days ago and it still works. I have subscribed to sirius xm radio, maybe thats why? Idk. Btw we got a deal of $119 for all access for one year. Called in to ask question about select access deal mailed to us, and they offered this to me. Automatically renews next year at like $300, but I will call and cancel before then.
    Scott and Jan Platt Ocala, FL
    Cameron(Son) & Chica(chihuahua)
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 4X4, Crew Cab, Dually, Diesel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We dropped onstar services after the free trial because their fees are way too steep and found the service reception was not reliable. We tried the data and we're really dissapointed, we got no signal while camped barely outside of Charlevoix,Mi. Wasted money and because we used a few mgbs while out of the campground they would not refund it. The phone and onstar button wouldn't work there either. The one time we needed assistance we got no signal so onstar services have scored pretty low with me.
    Our Verizon hotspot on the phone is more economical and reliable to use for internet while on the road.

We did recently get an offer for navigation @ $12.00 a month and decided to get it for the few months we're in FL this winter then cancel it. Just in case it doesn't work right we'll take the gps as a back up.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have Onstar basically for navigaiton purposes and i use it for my business. it helps the boss get around and find me at work as needed. As far as the wifi hotspot etc. i am comfortable with my Verizon mobile wifi for $20 per month, of course plus tax. it has never failed me, in fact i have been able to send an email to th ekids and let them know where we are when we didn't have cell service or onstar reception. So for me, use for business and pleasure. I am comfortable with it so i keep on keeping on!!!! Good Luck & Be Safe! ! !