Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Kerrville, TX RV parks through April 2020
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Texas Flood" equals roof leaks!

With apologies to Stevie Ray Vaughn, we have been in the Dallas area with friends since Tuesday the 24th, LOTS of rain, ground saturated, hopefully Sunday will bring a break! Our Reflection 337 is leaking water in the ceiling joint over the big window over the dining room table. I went up to the roof, and the tape band at the joint between the roof and the top flange kick-up has some mutilation that probably is passing water through, as well as the front and rear corners being somewhat torn up. Does anyone think I can find some decent strong tape to stop this leak, or do we need to go to Quartzsite in January to have Tim Reams do his magic?
    Second leak- on the bedroom slideout. This is a recurrence- floor near bathroom, carpet is wet, prior incident the upper rubber seal did not roll out evenly, was krinkled. Waiting for rain to let up to verify this. Somewhat frustrating, but not impossible to solve! Any insights and suggestions will be much appreciated
    AKA Steve and Lynne
    Storm the Black Lab
    Reflection 337 RLS vin 573FR3628E3300393
    2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab Longbox
    6.7 Cummins, 68 RFE transmission
    B and W Companion, Air Lifts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Steve...Eternabond tape is what you need on top of the dining rm slide. That's what GDRV uses and is available in tan color, 3 or 4" wide and various lengths. I would apply it on top of the existing as the original will be very difficult to remove.

The problem on the bedroom slide sounds like the sweep seal isn't positioned properly when the slide is extended. Sometimes retracting and extending again will work or worst case is to get up there and position it properly. If it's damaged it'll need replacing.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We can always count on you for great practical help! I hope I can find some of that tape here locally. Camping World?
    AKA Steve and Lynne
    Storm the Black Lab

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update on bedroom slide- rubber seal was folded in (instead of out) on both ends with slide fully extended. I pulled it out- one end is still krinkled, but I think it will send the water off the slide. Grainger is a distributor for Eternabond, lots of stores in the DFW area. They suggest their cleaner and prep spray, also suggest a roller to push it down and activate the adhesive. It looks like a small paint roller with a metal roller, price is $57.00. Gulp! Any opinions?
    AKA Steve and Lynne
    Storm the Black Lab

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't buy a special roller...bought something called a seam roller at the hardware store. It's all plastic and is used in wall-papering and works fine for applying the Eternabond tape. There is a procedure to follow to ensure that it bonds to the surface. I've used the Eternabond tape over the lap sealant on most of the roof openings instead of touching up continually with Dicor.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Steve,

Just trying to visualize where these leaks are occurring . . . I think you are talking about top-of-slide to wall-of-slide . . . is this correct ?
    Do you have slide toppers ? Not an "immediate fix, but wondering if these would help the situation. We are enduring the east side of this rain dump (in Kentucky & Tennessee), but our slide toppers are keeping top of slides more-or-less dry.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob, you are correct! As I said, Dave always has great practical advice- I will get the wallpaper seam roller he suggests at Lowe's, and hopefully a Grainger store has the tan tape in stock- the Eternabond website shows a few colors, but Grainger's doesn't. It has to stop raining first so I can dry and clean the top of the slide. You're right- slide toppers would help reduce both leaks, but my opinion is that they might bring more complications to our adventure. Thank you so much for your good insight!
    AKA Steve and Lynne
    Storm the Black Lab

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update- ordered Eternabond tape and cleaner directly from manufacturer. Although I don't expect it, will inquire at Customer Service for reimbursement for these items. It sounds like Dave has experience with application. I am glad to know this product is what is installed at the factory. Thank you all for advice and encouragement, I will report on results.
    AKA Steve and Lynne
    Storm the Black Lab