User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 350m

Trohpytruck

350m

Hello, I am going to purchase a toy hauler and happened to stumble across this manufacturer. I have been to my local dealer here in Southern California and absolutely love this trailer. Can anyone tell me anything about their Momentum? Likes, Dislikes, any warentee work done etc....I'm trying to do my homework before I purchase and would appreciate any feed back...I am afraid to spend the 90K on this trailer and absolutely hate it! Thanks again! Oh and I own a 2006 Ford F-350 FX4 Lariat with all the updates and bullet proofing done to the motor...If that helps....thanks again!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you will want a dually tow rig if yours isn't. these things are heavy on the pin.

other than that, i can not comment on much more than initial quality, as we have only had ours for 3 nights now. Best built RV i have ever owned (this is #4), and to be honest, way nicer than a few of the other "high end" TH's my friends have...
    2012 Ram 3500 CCLB-CTD-DRW
    2016 Momentum 388M
    2015 Subaru Impreza
    1997 TJ Buggy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 348 M I dont know the pin weight on the 350 m but I think there close and I pull mine with a 2008 dodge 3500 SRW with no trouble ! Our trailer has been ok we had alot of issues at first but everything is almost resolved and the customer service has been great! We looked at alot of toy haulers before buying this one and can say that the grand design is one notch above the rest in quality!
    2016 momentum 348 m class
    2015 ram 3500 megacab DRW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 385TH and love it. There is an ongoing write-up at http://www.momentumgunner.com/momentum_project.html

I have some towing notes you might find useful at http://rvgunner.com/towing_notes.html
    Editor - www.RamGunner.com and www.MomentumGunner.com
    2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
    B&W RVK3600 5th Wheel Hitch/Reese 30140 Gooseneck Ball/Gen-Y HDGH-604 Receiver
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

Trohpytruck
    Brentalive and RJTimmer, thanknyou for responding! Brentlive, I am glad tobhear you are towing with SRW with no issues....honestly its my biggest concern...I am going to have an B&W goosneck hitch installed next month and run the Anderson alternative hitch....that way I can still use the bed of my truck and I wont blow an O'ring trying lift the 5th hitch out....I completely agree about the quality of the 5th wheel I was looking real hard at the Heartland Cyclone 3010 because the weight falls in line with my trucks max 5th wheel tow capacity at 15,500....However the 350m hell the Momentum models in general just seem better built...You can talk to a sellsmen all day long and they will lie to yourface everytime. The best info is from the owners! So I really do very much appreciate your response!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even though an srw says it will pull it, and it will, if you run mountain passes and open plains, the wind and curves in the road will make them selves much more noticed than an srw, than a drw. For me it's just a safety and comfort thing...

Sounds like you may be joining the GD family TT

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    2012 Ram 3500 CCLB-CTD-DRW
    2016 Momentum 388M
    2015 Subaru Impreza
    1997 TJ Buggy

Trohpytruck
    Your right timer, it makes me nervouse going over the recommended weight ratings but I can't afford to purchase a new truck and a new 5th wheel, and I don't want to buy a different brand...so I am at a cross roads I guess.. Buy Somthing I feel is sub par OR over load my truck, buy air bags, cross my fingers and toes and prey I don't crash!

Trohpytruck

Great article!

Quote Originally Posted by RamGunner View Post
    We have a 385TH and love it. There is an ongoing write-up at http://www.momentumgunner.com/momentum_project.html

I have some towing notes you might find useful at http://rvgunner.com/towing_notes.html
    Thanx gunner! That's a great article man!

Trohpytruck
    That article really puts into perspective....I need to get my truck weighed for sure....I may not be purchasasing a momentum after all....I will keep you guys posted..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trohpytruck View Post
    Hello, I am going to purchase a toy hauler and happened to stumble across this manufacturer. I have been to my local dealer here in Southern California and absolutely love this trailer. Can anyone tell me anything about their Momentum? Likes, Dislikes, any warentee work done etc....I'm trying to do my homework before I purchase and would appreciate any feed back...I am afraid to spend the 90K on this trailer and absolutely hate it! Thanks again! Oh and I own a 2006 Ford F-350 FX4 Lariat with all the updates and bullet proofing done to the motor...If that helps....thanks again!
    We have a 350M that we pull with a Ram 2500, with Firestone airbags in the rear and tires with 3860 lbs max wt rating. Next summer I may buy a set of dually wheels for the front and rear mearly to have the extra width on my wheel track. I've taken the fully loaded rig with no water in the tanks, which is how I travel, to the scale and I'm well within the safety margins. The tires I have will hold the pin wt with about 700 lbs to spare. We've had no issues with cross winds or mountains, but then again I have a Ram with an excellent exhaust brake and 20 inch wheels with wide tires. I've compared the total tread contact patch on the std 17 inch dually tires with my SRW tires and there is only a small marginal difference. The air bags with 50 psi really make the difference in stability. Good Luck. If you buy another TH you'll regret it. The 350M is fantastic!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast