User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    yoremmy

303RLS Fireplace Does Not Have Power at Outlet

I have no power at the outlet to the fireplace. I have power at the breaker for the fireplace and it is not popped. I ohmed all three wires between the outlet and the breaker and it is a dead open on all three. When doing this I went directly to the wire not the receptacle itself. So, its not the receptacle or the splice box. I plugged the fireplace in to another receptacle and it is fine. Are these wires routed through another point or a ground fault? Any suggestions?

james quinn
    Quote Originally Posted by yoremmy View Post
    I have no power at the outlet to the fireplace. I have power at the breaker for the fireplace and it is not popped. I ohmed all three wires between the outlet and the breaker and it is a dead open on all three. When doing this I went directly to the wire not the receptacle itself. So, its not the receptacle or the splice box. I plugged the fireplace in to another receptacle and it is fine. Are these wires routed through another point or a ground fault? Any suggestions?
    could be a bad breaker. try resetting manually and then if still nothing check for power coming out of the breaker in the on postion

yoremmy
    Yeah, already gave that a shot and power is there. It's as if all three wires are cut. I don't think that would happen and not trip the breaker. All of the wires that are visible, without removing the bottom covering, are fine.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't be surprised if there's a connector just inside the frame rail. You could try taking a couple of screws out of the coroplast underbelly where the 120V feed enters. You can also call GD Customer Support at 574 825 9679 for some direction. I think that all the 12 and 120V is pre-wired before the slideroom is installed.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave and Monica; 12-01-2015 at 02:12 PM.
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

yoremmy
    Hmmm, sounds like a good heads up. Thanks