Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face PDI Saturday. Suggestions please!

Hi all! We are suppose to do our pdi on Saturday, with 50% rain chance. I've done some research on what the correct questions to ask are, but since I don't know what the correct answers are, you could tell me anything ... Well, maybe not anything, but close lol. Is there something you wish you had done differently or paid more attention to when you did your pdi? One definite question not to leave out? This is our first rv and I'm sure this 388m is going to seem a little overwhelming when it sinks in we are actually taking it home, sort of like leaving the hospital with the first baby and thinking now what lol!. Thanks everyone!

Tammy & Rick
    Ford 2016 F350DWD
    388M hopefully Saturday

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have some with you to record everything.
    Have the tech operate everything.
    Hitch and unhitch, hook up everything and unhook, set up and close up everything.
    Have them explain why a sequence has a certain order of events so a step is not overlooked.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make sure:
    All doors ,drawers and cupboards close and latch
    All outside 1/4 locks on propane doors are locked with handle down
    When water system is pressurized, pump shouldn't run until faucet is tuned on
    All lights work and show and explain what every switch is for.
    Awning rolls out corectly (watch it roll out and in!!!)
    Make sure trailer hitch is raised high enough not to hit anywhere when making a full turn
    Have them help you adjust broke controller if this is your first experience with electric brakes
    You'll probably get more helpful advice from others

Good luck and enjoy your new rv, congratulations! !!!
    Becky, BoBo and Mike
    2015 Solitude 369RL
    2020 GMC 2500 Duramax
    Anderson Ultimate 5th wheel hitch

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you get a dealer tech who knows more about your new Grand Design than you do . . . this will be unusual.

Since this will be the first time your new 5th is hitched to your new truck, focus on this.
    Have the tech connect everything, then you disconnect everything, separate the two and you reconnect everything.

It will boggle your mind trying to remember what every switch does. There will be time to learn this later . . . and someone on this forum knows the answer to your every question.

Go through the owners information binder/bag. Make sure that you have the info for operation of every device. TV, fireplace, furnace, water heater, slides, etc. Make sure you have the remote (and it works) for TV, sound system and fireplace.

Focus on ding/dent/scratch damage that could be argued happened after you took delivery. Remember to check the roof.

Schedule a guaranteed in-and-out service appointment for after your first week living in your new RV. (You can always cancel if you don't need this) Prior to the service visit , send your dealer pictures of what needs fixing. GD will authorize service parts/repairs based on your pictures.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Open an close all windows to make sure they open easy, also check all remotes an make sure they operate what they are suppose to.
    2014 355th Momentum 2015 GMC Denali Duramax DRW

Rolling Along
    Now-Oct 2018: Prince William Forest Park, NPS, Triangle VA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make sure fridge and hw heater work OK on both electric and propane.

Write down the steps in complicated sequences, such as hitching.

Pay special attention whenever the tech says "ALWAYS" or "NEVER".

Dave

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
    2015 Reflection 337RLS, #931, Built 6/14, Purchased New 1/15
    2015 Silverado 3500HD LTZ SRW CC, 8' Bed, 4WD, Z71, Duramax/Allison
    11,600 GVW, 3,739 Payload, 16.1 mpg for first 21,000 miles
    Reese Elite 18K Hitch with underbed rails
    Amateur Radio KQ3T (ex-WN8PXF, WA8PXF, N3CKQ)
    Felines: Butter (Abyssinian), Cinnamon (Burmese, R.I.P.), and Harry (Orange Tiger Cat, Rescued from Sutton Lake CG, WV)
    2018: Visitor Center Volunteer at Prince William Forest Park, Triangle VA, June thru October
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I always advise-video your PDI. We did and and referred back to it so many times in that first year. These coaches have some quite sophisticated systems on them and it is comforting to have the information handy for a while.
    Allen and Sandi-Lexington, KY
    Home of fast horses and beautiful women!
    2015 Chevrolet Duramax 4 x 4 3500 HD LTZ
    2014 Solitude 369 RL-Oct. 2014
    2016 Momentum 376 TH-April 2016

NachoFirme
    if your fat like me have a tech walk the roof and check for leaks, you dont want to find out when its too late and you have a puddle in your kitchen! bring post it notes and label EVERYTHING!!!! it really is helpful when you want to know what switch does what but dont want to search for it on the pdi video.

bring a level and have them adjust the slides if needed, i didnt know my kitchen slide was off until i got home, all the oil in the pan pooled near the rear of the stovetop and i had to adjust my slideout so it was level with the trailer.

if something is broken or doesnt work from the PDI make sure to get it in writing that the dealer will replace or fix it, you do not want to have to hitch up everytime something goes wrong and bring it back to the dealer for repairs.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wish we would have videoed the PDI..........Bought RV in Oct 2015 was very overwhelming. Way to much information to remember, have to practice when you get it home. I think the biggest thing is hooking up and disconnecting from the truck initially. That part scares the HE double hockey sticks out of me. I think because I'm new to RV'ing and it's so expensive if you make a mistake..........$$$

The other bad part for me is I live in Michigan and it's winter season. I'll be starting over again in the spring But we did get a good deal buying in the fall as apposed to the springtime.
    Take your time and good luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tom & Dee
    2016 Solitude (379FL)
    2015 Ford F-350
    Retirement on My Mind! :)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone for the terrific ideas. I'll write all these down in an organized format in a notebook. Love the sticky note idea. I will have to call the dealer tomorrow and see what the plans are if the rain forecast continues to look the same, 50% Saturday and 90% Sunday. Of course, this is S.Fl. and those forecasts don't always mean anything. It wasn't suppose to rain today and it has been POURING for over an hour.

Tammy & Rick

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast