User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need a slider with GM 6.5 foot bed and 337 5th wheel?

I need to go buy a new hitch and I wondered if anyone pulling a Reflection 5th wheel with a Chevy 6.5 bed has needed a slider hitch. I have always used a B&W Turnover with the Companion Hitch and they have worked well in my other trucks. I know there is a slider Companion hitch but I don't want the extra $$$ and weight/bulk of the hitch if I don't need it. I'm experienced pulling 5th wheels and just about everything else, but I'm curious if anyone has had any trouble with this combination of truck and trailer. Thanks.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're pulling a 337RLS with a 2013 crew cab 2500HD Duramax 6.5' bed and don't need a slider. We have the Andersen Ultimate Fifth Wheel Connection (set up with the ball/coupler slightly behind the rear axle). Going forward I can't turn sharply enough to get into trouble. Backing up, I can go about 85 - 87 degrees with no problems. You'll find both Poppy (on this forum) and I have posted on this several times and his experience is very similar to mine. Another advantage of the Andersen is that it weighs less than 37# (plus the standard rails). This is very helpful as the pin weight of the 337 loaded and with the front air conditioner comes very close to 3,000#.

Rob
    Last edited by Second Chance; 12-06-2015 at 10:02 PM. Reason: left word out
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply. I ordered a B&W Turnover ball and a B&W Companion hitch from SD Truck Spring. I think that with the adjustments I can make on the Companion hitch I should be good. The Companion is rated at 20K pounds towing weight and 5K vertical tongue weight so I should be good. I like this hitch because it pulls out in 2 pieces and leaves me a smooth bed with no rails. Thanks again for the info. I appreciate it.