User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    IWHLVR

Potential new owner of 308BHTS

Hi, we're a family of 7 (2 adults, 5 kids) and seriously considering the Reflection 308BHTS. We've had several other brands of campers until our current which is a major lemon so I would like to hear from people on this brand & model -- opinions, experiences, advice, mods, likes and dislikes . . . TIA!
    Cari

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought a 2016 308BHTS in August and love it. We traded up from an Outdoors RV Timberidge 270dbhs. We determined we needed for space for a family of four. Both brands are definitely on the upper end of the scale. The finishes in the GD are nicer-- I believe the Outdoors RV was better insulated.

Overall I would recommend GD. It has been very thoughtfully designed. Happy to answer any and all questions you may have.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    214Skier
    2016 Solitude 377MB

IWHLVR
    Thanks for your response, glad to hear it!
    We spent Saturday going in and out of trailers . . . and the GR is definitely our fav, there is just nothing else comparable in quality. BUT I'm a wreck about the weight! We drive a GMC Savana 2500 with a TC of 9800 lbs. The actual dry weight on the trailer is 8562, and calculating everything I can think of (people, propane, gas, food, clothes, etc) that puts us at 95.6% of GCVWR. Now we normally are in-state, but we do like to take one long trip a summer and I'm worried about the strain on my TV. Of course the sales guy thinks it's fine. Thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not the best person to ask regarding weight / towing (I tend to push the limits). Prior to our former Outdoors RV we also had a TC and were slightly over weight with our F250 / SuperDuty. Towing is a different deal all together vs. hauling in the bed of your truck. I am sure others will correct me; however, when towing from your bumper I don’t believe the calc is GCVWR--I believe it is your tow capacity rating. You might check that. With my F250 and the 308, I am well under my trucks rating.
    214Skier
    2016 Solitude 377MB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IWHLVR View Post
    ...TC of 9800 lbs. The actual dry weight on the trailer is 8562, and calculating everything I can think of (people, propane, gas, food, clothes, etc)
    Since there won't be any people in it while towing, do you think you'd toss 1200lb of stuff in it? Never a good idea to listen to 'sales people', otherwise they'd be called 'good advice people'

Ben
    Sharon, Ben & Maggi-Ann (the Cockapoo)
    2014 Reflection 293RES with Airborne Sidewinder
    2015 Ford F150 Ecoboost 4x4 Crewcab with Reese R16

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, I few points I missed. TC = tow capacity (not truck camper--made an assumption here about what your using currently). And the Savana is a van?

Yes, I bet between water, grey/black holding + gear you will eat up a lot of that 1,200lbs.
    214Skier
    2016 Solitude 377MB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Travel dry.
    Sharon, Ben & Maggi-Ann (the Cockapoo)
    2014 Reflection 293RES with Airborne Sidewinder
    2015 Ford F150 Ecoboost 4x4 Crewcab with Reese R16

IWHLVR
    Oh yeah, sorry . . . TC I meant tow capacity. The savanah is a GMC full sized van. We do travel rather light really, never haul water and always dump before leaving a campsite, BUT we do have 7 people so there is more food/clothes/dishes than normal sized families, and more weight in the van as well . . .