User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Travis4757

Not impressed with 380TH

Well we got the dually now can't find a toyhauler!!! Lol we made trip weekend before last to rv world of Georgia to look at a 380th for the first time. We were on pins and needles hopeing it was gonna be perfect. As we got the 380 in sight we were so ready to get inside. First thing was the three steps were not enough. Was really a big step to reach the first step. Sales guy said its not level so we agreed and went in. Wow it was so plain looking. Dark almost black wood and the counter tops were bleach white. No inlay decor. The slide where fridge is does not sit flush with floor. There is a inch gap and base board that seems would be a toe breaker in the dark. Bathroom seemed tiny and the bedroom was pretty plain Jane. Noticed a piece of diamond plate missing in the garage. The dump valves for holding tanks seemed very flimsy. The back splash was some type of grey slate and honestly looked out of place. Thumbs down on the decor. The theater seat had a flimsy arm rest that slides in between the two seats and rip cord recliner releases. Those are known to pop. We endured a long ride back to chas in huge disappointment with the grand design. The 2015 decor is so much better looking. For that price I really didn't see the wow factor nor the quality. One cabinet had a huge hole in the front from the wood grain having a knot in it. Guess the knot fell out and left a hole. Anyways we have shopped every other brand and have found nothing like the floorplan on the 380. We love the floorplan but now we are not sure what to do. Anyone out there give us some advice or maybe any 380 owners willing to share how its holding up. We are soo frustrated. Wanted the 380 to have the wow factor but it let us down. We did call grand design and ask if they would be changing interior decor on 2017. They advised they were making a few changes but would not tell us what those changes would be. Thought grand design was the manufactor willing to go the extra mile. Asked if we could change decor color when we ordered. That was a quick response no! They said the momentum comes in one decor that's it. Cheap toyhaulers have three decor choices. I'm rambling. Lol help!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you find a 2015 model... maybe a few out there.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Brewbadger
    I have a 2015 380TH, and it is holding up pretty good. I haven't really had any issues.
    So far I haven't had any issues bumping the kitchen slide. The bathroom is a bit small, but it seems that way on all the toy haulers that I looked at.
    I do like the colors on my rig, but wish I had the 6 drawer chest in the bedroom that is on the 2016 models.
    The FX-450 from DRV is about the same floorplan with an extra slide and a little bit nicer furniture, but not 60 grand nicer in my opinion.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same issues we found. We do like the 397th better, but we wish we could have a lighter wood interior, and have the option of a residential fridge. The install regular fridges in the other 5'th wheel lines so they can do it. Just don't have the option for it. Cabinets above the seating and table area, and above the bed would be nice too. DRV uses every available spot for storage.
    From having crawled thru what seems to be hundreds of toy-haulers, Grand Design is better than other the others. Not on the DRV level, but not the price of them either.

Travis4757
    To me its all about the service. When things break on my current forest river fifth its impossible to get anything fixed. All camping world says is its not there problem. As for my better half its all about the wow factor. Colors, elegance and kitchen bath counter space. Lol I like all the responses about how great grand design is with after the sale. As for the luxury I think they have a ways to go for there price. Seems like once you switch to toy hauler mode the luxury goes down and the price doubles. Frustrated in Charleston sc!! Hopefully new years at ocean lakes in myrtle we can talk to some more toyhauler owners.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck in your search! My 385 is plenty luxurious for this toy hauler owner
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Travis4757
    For a 2015 prob so. 2016 not so much. Cheap looking counters, tiny bathroom, plain Jane bedroom, and a huge price tag. And I'm certain the value of s 2015 is no where near what you paid for it. Glad you love the 385. Hope we can find one we can say that too.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not impressed with 380TH

We have been full-timing in a 380TH for a year and a half. It's been perfect for us and we get oohs and ahhhhs from everyone that visits us. We don't have white countertops, so they must have changed some things. Good luck and Merry Christmas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis4757 View Post
    Well we got the dually now can't find a toyhauler!!! Lol we made trip weekend before last to rv world of Georgia to look at a 380th for the first time. We were on pins and needles hopeing it was gonna be perfect. As we got the 380 in sight we were so ready to get inside. First thing was the three steps were not enough. Was really a big step to reach the first step. Sales guy said its not level so we agreed and went in. Wow it was so plain looking. Dark almost black wood and the counter tops were bleach white. No inlay decor. The slide where fridge is does not sit flush with floor. There is a inch gap and base board that seems would be a toe breaker in the dark. Bathroom seemed tiny and the bedroom was pretty plain Jane. Noticed a piece of diamond plate missing in the garage. The dump valves for holding tanks seemed very flimsy. The back splash was some type of grey slate and honestly looked out of place. Thumbs down on the decor. The theater seat had a flimsy arm rest that slides in between the two seats and rip cord recliner releases. Those are known to pop. We endured a long ride back to chas in huge disappointment with the grand design. The 2015 decor is so much better looking. For that price I really didn't see the wow factor nor the quality. One cabinet had a huge hole in the front from the wood grain having a knot in it. Guess the knot fell out and left a hole. Anyways we have shopped every other brand and have found nothing like the floorplan on the 380. We love the floorplan but now we are not sure what to do. Anyone out there give us some advice or maybe any 380 owners willing to share how its holding up. We are soo frustrated. Wanted the 380 to have the wow factor but it let us down. We did call grand design and ask if they would be changing interior decor on 2017. They advised they were making a few changes but would not tell us what those changes would be. Thought grand design was the manufactor willing to go the extra mile. Asked if we could change decor color when we ordered. That was a quick response no! They said the momentum comes in one decor that's it. Cheap toyhaulers have three decor choices. I'm rambling. Lol help!!!!!!!
    Maybe you should have turned on the lights inside the 380TH. It's pretty plush. Almost as nice as some high end class A's.

Travis4757
    I agree the 2015 is plush. If you re read my post I am commenting on the 2016. We love you pics. Wish 2016 had same decor as yours. Like your back splash is colored stone blocks. On the 2016 its grey granite. Doesn't match anything in the fifth.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast