Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Quartzsite

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quartzsite

Headed to the "Q" in January. I hear there is free BLM parking North of town. Is that correct? If so, does anyone have directions to it?
    Robert/Sandy/Lily (mini Yorkie)
    2015 Grand Design 313RLTS
    2008 Dodge 2500 Cummins (modified)
    Past units: 85 Holiday Rambler TT, 88 Jayco 5th wheel, 91 Avion 5th wheel, 94 Hitchhiker 5th wheel, 2000 Discovery motorhome, 2001 Mountain Aire motorhome, 2005 42' Travel Supreme motorhome, 2014 Outback TT

http://i.imgur.com/cie9h38.jpg

Norcalrv1
    Yes about 10 miles N of Quartzsite on Hwy 95 is Hi Jolly BLM and I think it is free. On towards Quartzsite is the Pit Stop on the left side of 95 and they have propane, dump, and water. LA Posa South (on 95 south of town) is a dump and water which you can use if you are registered and pay the fees to camp which are $20.00 for 14 days as I recall. There are free areas to the East and West of town off of 10. The show tents are at the corner of 10 and 95. Lots of activities at the QIA in town.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We head there each year, have been doing it about 10 years now. We go west of Quarzsite, five miles, exit Dome Rock Road. At stop sign turn left / south and cross under the the freeway, turn left / east and go about 1/4 mile. On the right is an entry area into the desert. you will see a sign there kind of like a campground self pay station. go past it and follow th edirt road towards the east. as you look to the south you will see all the RV's in that area. Plenty of room. Lots of large flat areas as well. We will be in our normal spot. Private message me is you need additional info. Gonna be cold, bring extra clothes, propane etc. This is BLM land and of course without any facilities. Good Luck & Be Safe ! ! !

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh just poking around on the puter, here is a link to get more info. http://www.quartzsitervshow.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We've been going to Quartzsite for too many years to mention!

Usually stay at what used to be the Rice Ranch (no hookups) on the northeast corner of Kuehn St. and 95 (Central Blvd). It's within walking distance of the RV show and Tyson Wells. There's lots of BLM camping surrounding Quartzsite.

Here's a link that should help you find a place to camp.... http://www.your-rv-lifestyle.com/quartzsite-blm.html

Hope to see you at the GD Rally!

Kathy and Jim
    Jim and Kathy Marker - Ramona, Ca.
    2014 Solitude 369RL #1277 (AKA - "Tudee")
    2014 3500 Ram Laramie HD Dually Crew Cab 4x4 -6.7 Cummins with Aisin Tranny (AKA - "Big Foot")
    50 gal Transfer Flow Auxiliary Tank
    Curt Q24 Hitch
    2002 2500 Chevy LB HD Duramax Crew Cab- Retired
    EEZRV TPMS- Tire Pressure Monitoring System

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/...tesMap_1_1.gif
    http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/...ovincesMap.gif

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the reply's. We have been there a few times but have always stayed at La Posa West or La Posa South. I think 2 years ago the 2 week BLM pass was close to $40. We are only staying for 3 days this year so thought we would look for the free camping. Again, much thinks.
    Robert/Sandy/Lily (mini Yorkie)
    2015 Grand Design 313RLTS
    2008 Dodge 2500 Cummins (modified)
    Past units: 85 Holiday Rambler TT, 88 Jayco 5th wheel, 91 Avion 5th wheel, 94 Hitchhiker 5th wheel, 2000 Discovery motorhome, 2001 Mountain Aire motorhome, 2005 42' Travel Supreme motorhome, 2014 Outback TT

http://i.imgur.com/cie9h38.jpg

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, guess i should give a quick return home report. This year was one of the better years we had as far as weather was concerned. seemed to be just about perfect for the whole time we were there. warm days and cool nights with little wind so we enjoyed our morning and evening fires. some friends went with us for their first time so it was great for them too! picked up some of the usual bargains and then some more stuff. looked around at things and of course looked at rvs. We were able to talk to some folks interested in the GD units. gave them our take on them as to the usability, towing and some other good things. don't think i will get any commission checks tho, but glad to be able to give some folks true information on the units. So anyhow, the Big Q will have to wait until next year now for us! if you are still there, have fun, be safe!!!