User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    C130TN

Rear Entry Door Opening

We've had the rear entry door open a couple of times while traveling and stopping in the last couple of weeks. We started locking it to avoid it happening again. Anyone else had this issue? I adjusted the strike plate yesterday so hoping that will take care of it. It would latch before and I made sure it was shut after it happened the first time but it came open again. I guess it's flexing a little allowing it to come unlatched.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed another grab bar by the back door. Fold it over the door when traveling
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

C130TN
    Quote Originally Posted by LCBoyer View Post
    I installed another grab bar by the back door. Fold it over the door when traveling
    Did you do it yourself or have it done by the dealer? Anything special about installing it? We met a couple at the Grand Designs rally last June at Anchor Down that had installed one also. Can't believe it's not standard but I think it's a great idea to just add it so the door won't come open like it has twice now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did it. Not very complicated! I used dry wall anchors and rev cement to attach it
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, it would be a nice addition to an already great rig

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by C130TN View Post
    Did you do it yourself or have it done by the dealer? Anything special about installing it? We met a couple at the Grand Designs rally last June at Anchor Down that had installed one also. Can't believe it's not standard but I think it's a great idea to just add it so the door won't come open like it has twice now.
    I added one to my back door. Got same lag type screws as front one and they hit metal framing in the wall. Same spacing as the front.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Raptor used to open the doors while driving also. I learned that the shifting would push the latch in a little at a time and since the door was tight, the latch wouldn't spring back out. I ended up locking the bolt every time I move the camper and didn't have the problem anymore. So far, no problems with my 328M.
    Enjoy the moment

Scott

2011 F350 DRW CC Diesel
    2016 328M

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by C130TN View Post
    We've had the rear entry door open a couple of times while traveling and stopping in the last couple of weeks. We started locking it to avoid it happening again. Anyone else had this issue? I adjusted the strike plate yesterday so hoping that will take care of it. It would latch before and I made sure it was shut after it happened the first time but it came open again. I guess it's flexing a little allowing it to come unlatched.
    If I am not careful to latch the door, then yes. I put the folding grab bar on, also, no problems since......
    Mark and Janell aka Blue Moon Explorers
    2015 RAM 3500 4WD CTD CC Dually Aisin 4.10
    2015 Momentum 380TH
    Salida, CO

C130TN
    Quote Originally Posted by phxpsd View Post
    If I am not careful to latch the door, then yes. I put the folding grab bar on, also, no problems since......
    It was latched,I pulled on the door and it wouldn't budge at all before departing both times. But, when towing something is flexing a little I guess. I may add the grab bar but in the meantime I'll just lock it also. I did adjust the strike plate so that might fix the issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you have a rolling earthquake strange things happen

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast