User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

350M general problems. What is too many?

My wife and I traded our 2009 Jayco Eagle tag along in on a 2016 350M that we ordered. We traveled over 400 miles looking at toy haulers before deciding on the Momentum 350M. We paid almost 3 times the price of what the Jayco cost when it was new. The only problem we ever had with the Jayco was when the refrigerator went out after 3 years. Good thing we had extended warranty. Our 350M has been back to the dealership twice already and is getting ready to go back again.
    1) Brought it home after it was purchased. Found the shower door barely hanging on. The clips at the bottom were not installed correctly and allowed the sliding door to move and come loose. I fixed this myself and now we do not go anywhere without putting a folded towel in the track to keep the door tight.
    2) The outside radio speaker did not work. Had this replaced.
    3) The sliding windows on each side of the couch are loose in the tracks. If opened, they will fall if you do not hold on to them. I undone the latch to close and the window fell. The latch popped out of the groove it slides in and broke. Trying to get this fixed under warranty.
    4) Found water on the happy jack bed. The rubber seal on the back garage door had a gap in the top corner. Getting this replaced.
    5) The storage access door on the front side was not fitted right. Having to lift up on door when opening and closing. Getting this replaced.
    6) Already have several LED lights on the awning burned out. Don't know if this is covered or not.
    7) Came home from a wonderful week in Charleston, SC on New Years Day. Cleaned out the pass-thru storage getting ready to winterize. Found water in storage area. Removed the pump access panels and water was all in area. A water connection on the 4-way water selector valve was leaking. Been leaking for a good while and got worse. The plywood panel that the water valves are mounted on is swollen at bottom. Will rot soon if not replaced.
    Don't know what else will start rotting down the road.
    8) While these panels were off, I checked the central vacuum system. the bag was never attached. Folded and laying in bottom of vac.
    9) The front hydraulic jacks are making a lot of noise when operating. They will probably be the next to break.
    10) The outside shower connection in storage area comes with a coiled hose and a nozzle or shower head. All I have is the coiled hose. No nozzle or shower head.

According to Grand Design, these are considered luxury toy haulers. I still haven't decide on that. Kinda piss-poor workmanship.
    It's only 7 months old!
    Anyway, taking it again to the dealership to see what can get fixed. I'm also considering changing my profile name to "Frustrated 350M"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The awning lights are common to go out, the outside shower only comes with the coiled hose, and the vacuum comes with the bag not installed. As far as the other problems I am sorry to hear you are having those problems, I have a 2014 385TH, and have had very few problems, only major one being that the window in the 2nd bath was leaking, that was replaced (with one that opened!! That was a nice surprise!!).
    Korey SE WI
    2014 Denali 3500HD LML DRW 4wd FS Airbags 20k Reese
    2014 Momentum 385TH #1396
    2013 Manitou SES VP 150hp Mercury 4 stroke
    Volunteer Firefighter Since 1997

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RBA350M,

If you will call Grand Design customer service and talk to JD or Janice or Jerry, they will contact your dealer on your behalf and get you fixed up. Their number is 574-825-9679.
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear your issues , I Too was very dissappointed when we picked up our 2016 348 m I did alot of research before buying a new toy hauler and was under the impression that Grand design was built better than the rest and they seem to brag about how good there PDI is! Well I for one dont see it I had nothing but issues that should have be caught at PDI from factory and there were also things that the dealer missed as well but most I blame on Grand design!
    But to be fair Grand design does seem to have better than average customer support all my issues are being resolved! So thats the good news! But I had a keystone toy hauler before I purchased this 348m and never had any issues so I guess I was expecting the same for this one! Anyways good luck with getting your issues resolved!
    2016 momentum 348 m class
    2015 ram 3500 megacab DRW

C130TN
    Dealer should have caught almost all of those issues, no excuse. They shouldn't leave the factory with any defects for sure but the dealer has to go through the RV also. My dealer had the vacuum bag installed and had cleaned our 385 with the vacuum, part of testing it also as the guy found a loose wire while using it.

If the PDI is done correctly it shouldn't leave the dealer with any issues. It's hard to catch every possible issue but that's too many to start with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had the the Kant Leak valve, leveling system controller and the LP detector replaced...We have had ours 10 months...Don't think these are too many issues but who knows...GD has provided great service.

Regards,

AJ

2015 FORD F450 Lariat Ultimate
    2012 HD RoadGlide Ultra
    2015 GD Momentum 350M

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have to take it back to the dealer for anything you can't fix yourself in 20 mins is too many problems.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I replaced the components myself...The unit has not been back to the dealer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like the dealer gave it a drive-by PDI. I would definitely give GD a call on this and ask them to explain how these obvious problems made it through 2 PDI inspections (the factory and the dealer). The plumbing is supposed to be pressure tested at the factory. Hard to believe it went bad in transit.

As for rot, you might want to take some 30% to 50% propylene glycol aqueous solution - e.g. common RV antifreeze - and brush it on the surfaces of the waterlogged wood. Be sure to use only the RV antifreeze that is propylene glycol+water like Prestone or Peak RV antifreeze.. Ethanol based anitfreze - including PG/ethanol blends - (Camco Arctic Ban for example) and especially ethylene glycol (engine antifreeze) should not be used.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1675525.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like everyone is saying your dealer should have tested everything during the PDI. The jacks are also something they should have taken care of. Get some silicone spray, extend your jacks all the way up, then spray the jacks with the silicone spray. retract them and then extend them a few times. spraying them when they are extended. they should never have an issue again. The dealer should have already done that for you. (mine did not do it either). Let me know if that works, cheap easy fix.
    Glenn and Paula Butler
    2015 Momentum 328M
    2012 Chevy 3500 Dually
    2014 Can Am Spyder RT
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast