User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unknown Switch

PartTimerJaron

Cool Unknown Switch

This is my first post in GD forum(or any forum for that matter) and have questions for fellow Solituders out there.

1)We bought our 369RL in Feb of 15, since then, I have tried and tried to figure out what a certain switch does. It's in what I consider the "hutch" area of the kitchen. There are switches on both sides up under the upper cabinets. On the left side, the first switch controls the under cabinet lights for the "hutch", the second controls the blue lights at the end of the island, the third, I have NO clue what it controls. Anyone have an idea? I've contacted GD but didn't get much insight.

2)Has anyone else found random unused screws just laying around, even after a year I find them in corners and such. Although, I have found where there should be screws but aren't any, just empty screw holes. Maybe mine was built on a friday? :-)

3)There is a blank, black electrical cover on the left side of the well next to the built in dresser. I've taken the cover off and it's just a hole with some wires. Thoughts?

4)Has anyone replaced the dometic unit with a Nest? I know some units are compatible and some aren't.

Now some annoyances

1)Why is there no plug on the wall under the table but there is one WAY back in the corner behind the left side of the couch?

2)Why in the world is there a blue glow from the lights above the bed, it's quite annoying.

3)Why are some lights LED and some aren't AND they are all different temperature colors?

Overall, I'm extremely happy with the RV but there are a few quality concerns and things not working properly after only a few uses, screws missing, random screws showing up, and general design things that leave me scratching my head.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1) there is lighting above the "hutch", rather there is in mine
    2) No, not as of yet, lived full time in mine since sep '14
    3) yea I'm not sure. Curious myself about that.
    4) n/a
    Annoyances
    2) I also dislike not having an outlet under the table. Not sure what they were thinking there. Maybe a build reason, no where else to put it.
    2)I do not have a blue glow, that I notice.
    3)I'm not sure if I have that problem either. I would like the ones above the island to be a little brighter, but all in all ok. Personally I'm an ambiance girl, and I would like dimmers...Lol
    I have had minor issues, 2 cabinets that the hinges are stripped on, one above fridge, other where dvd player goes. I have a caulking issue on the exterior, a nail that somewhat protrudes under the carpet, that I seem to find EVERY time I walk into bedroom. My propane valve doesn't switch over to dr. side tank. That's about it though.
    I love my rig, glad I went with GD. Looked four years, and no brainer for me when they came out. As close as I could get to what I wanted.
    Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Julie and Gage, the BFGS
    ´15 Solitude 369RL
    Aguanga, CA
    Tri Cities, WA

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2. Very common in all builds. Screws will back themselves out from road vibrations also.
    3. It is the access cover for the power awning wires.

The slight blue glow comes from the switch to turn the lights on. There is a ring around the button to push that glows so you can find it in the dark.

I've never seen a Solitude that didn't have all LED interior lights. Maybe the dealer was playing switcheroo before you got it.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's common in all RVs for things to work loose, after all, they are a rolling earthquake
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    in my 303, there are three switches under the cabinet. one for lights at hutch, one for pendant lights and one for exhaust fan in ceiling abouve stove area. get a step stool and make sure the vent fan is working, turn that switch on and then it may be able to be controlled by the third mystery switch. screws could be just one dropped during build, check th egenral are where you found them to make sure none are missing, if not keep them for spares. other items i am not familiar with. Good Luck & Be Safe! ! !

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3. It is the access cover for the power awning wires.

Regarding the access cover for the power awning wires; Is that 12v or 110? If it's 110 would it be ok to install an inside outlet there?
    Thanks.
    Tom & Nancy
    Newport, MI
    369RL, #302

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am pretty sure the awning runs in 12 VDC
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

PartTimerJaron
    Good News! I figured out the switch after a year. I stood up on the counter and looked to make sure there wasn't a light up there and it just wasn't working or something. Well, there IS up lighting above the hutch, there just also happens to be a switch on it as well which was turned off.

The wall sconce, the lights above the couch and the lights above the kitchen table are all incandescent lights and are all a much warmer color than the rest of the lights. Grr

Awning! Didn't think about that, thank you!

Huntr70, I know what the blue lights are for, I just don't understand WHY they are so freaking bright. It casts a blue glow over the entire room, quite annoying at night. Eventually I will change them out with something else.

Thanks everyone for the replies!

Jaron

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Re the Blue Lights -- Toward the end of the following thread, it tells you how to disable the blue lights and/or replace them with a specific part number. http://www.mygrandrv.com/for...ble+blue+light
    Ken & Wilma
    Central Maryland
    2014 Reflection 337RLS #439
    2011 F250 CC 4x4

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Becky, BoBo and Mike
    2015 Solitude 369RL
    2020 GMC 2500 Duramax