Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I turned the Andersen King Pin coupler around and I purchased the Roto-Flex lockout. The lock out doesn’t really seem to lock anything out as the plates aren’t big enough to stop movement on the Roto-Flex. Instead they seem to provide more of a limit on the total movement of the Roto-Flex versus a complete lock out. Testing with this new configuration didn’t show any change. Before I change the hitch I am going to have the dealer check the brakes as a potential issue and do some additional testing. The search continues....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobKilmer View Post
    Hi everyone, I am sorry to post to a very old thread but I now find myself in the situation of needing guidance on this very subject. I have a Ford F-350 CCSRW 6.7 Diesel, 2019 GD Momentum 381M, and an Andersen Ultimate Hitch. I was experiencing chucking so I purchased a Flex Air pin box hoping it would improve the situation. On my way home from the dealer the Flex Air helped suppress movement going over larger objects like bridges, but on level ground it made the chucking much worse. Looking at how the units connect I can see why. I hopefully attached a picture that shows that the Andersen kingpin coupler and roto flex pivoting head are both sitting an at angle. The rubber on the roto flex pivoting head is compressed at the front and lifted off the pivoting plate at the back. Seeing how the weight transfers through the pivoting head, king pin coupler, and the hitch I can understand why the plate would be unevenly compressed and how it can make chucking even worse.

I now seem to have three choices:
    1) Turn the Andersen king pin coupler around to see if this helps fix the issue
    2) Buy the rotoflex lockout
    3) Change out the Andersen Hitch for a B&W companion

I think I am going to start with #1 since it only costs me some time tomorrow and see if it helps, then decide if I move to #2 or #3 . I hate to do either #2 or #3 since I want to get rid of the chucking and get the capability I paid for in the Flex Air pin box and I also like how easy it is to hook up to the Andersen hitch. However, I definitely need to fix the chucking problem, so if #1 doesn't work I may jump to #3 . Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated!
    Attachment 21776
    We purchased our Solitude 375Res replacing a Reflection 29RS. The Solitude came with the roto-flex. We kept our Andersen hitch. The dealer did not mention that we needed the Andersen lockout kit. We started our trip on September 9, 2019 and were interrupted at Lima Mt due to a road closure. We were in a parking lot making turn (about 60 degrees) when the Solitude front dipped into back shattering the window. (F-350 with a short bed).

We called Andersen representative asked him about what happed. We sent him pictures of our setup. The Representative called us back and said we did not have the lockout kit installed on the Roto-flex. He recommend that we do not get window fixed until the lockout kit is installed. Evidently the roto-flex movements allow the trailer front to sway to far when turning. We were on flat ground.

The Solitude is brand new and replacing the Roto-flex pin box is too expensive. We have continued our trip and will get the lockout kit in Las Vegas.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123