Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tire pressure monitoring

Hi all, I just had my first ever tire failure in my brand new 350m, started trip with tires at 80psi cold and am a frequent checker. Tire failed approx 50 miles in to the trip. I don't blame Westlake or grand design, as being a master auto tech I am sure that I picked up something and the tire lost air and finally failed......my question ........is anyone using tpms system and what brand are you using? Pros and cons? I'm for sure investing in a system and am currently doing my research on best brands and what to buy so I get one that works and is reliable but wanted to see if anyone has one they like it or not or any one you would or would not recommend thanks all look forward to replies! !!

2006 cummins 5.9 quad cab longed srw sway bar headstuds 100hp injectors edge juice twin turbo full billet transmission Bd exhaust brake 2016 Momentum 350m!!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been using the TST system with 507 flow through sensors for over 3 years and wouldn't tow without them...they definitely reduce the 'sphincter factor'. http://tsttruck.com/product/tst-507-flow-thru/

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This past camping season I purchased and started using the TST season, and on Columbus Day weekend, it saved me from a costly repair. I picked up a piece of something, causing a leak, it gave me enough time to get off the interstate to a safe location to change the tire...worth every penny.

Big Mike
    Mike and Mary Beth, Hopatcong, NJ
    2015 Momentum 385th with MorRyde Independent Suspension and Disc Brakes
    2014 Dodge Dually
    2014 Harley Ultra Limited (Big Mike's)
    2015 Indian Chieftain (Mary Beth's)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My TST system (507 Flow through) caught two leaking valve stems that the tire store installed incorrectly. I'm sure it prevented a blow out.

Jim

C130TN
    I use Tireminder but I think both TST and Tireminder are great. I chose Tireminder only due to the fact that I liked the display better and it came with the signal booster. Definitely worth the money in my opinion.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those are my top 2 choices, seem to be middle of the road as far as price and have good reviews, didn't want cheapest, I feel pay cheap get cheap sometimes, thanks for the input definetly investing in one this week as trailer will out of shop and I don't want another failure, plus I still need to but a tire!!!

2006 cummins 5.9 quad cab longed srw sway bar headstuds 100hp injectors edge juice twin turbo full billet transmission Bd exhaust brake 2016 Momentum 350m!!

james quinn
    Hear that ? Yep, sound of Bamaman typing on his computer. Happens every time someone mentions Westlakes

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the TST 507. I originally purchased without a repeater. Second trip on the way home, I would get an alarm that the back curb side sensor had dropped communication about every hour and a half. During that hour and a half, the display showed the pressure to be stable. The alarm for dropped sensor would clear after a few short minutes and start working again. Well about 5 hours into the trip home, the rear curb side tire blew. I have since performed some test and found out that the TST system takes anywhere from 65 to 105 minutes to alert you that the display has lost communication with the sensors. I did this by starting a stop watch and driving off from my Momentum and waiting until the display alerted me. I did this three times. the times varied each test. I have since added the repeater to try and prevent the dropped communication from the sensors. The time the tire blew, the TST did alert me to a loss of pressure in that tire about 2 seconds after the "Boom". So I do not know if the TST could have saved the damage or not. The data is not conclusive. I would recommend that whichever system you get, Get the repeater if one is offered.
    2015 F350 CC 4x4 KR High Capacity Tow Package
    2014 Momentum 355TH #770
    2014 Yamaha Adventurer 2+2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went with Tire Minder also. It came with the booster and 4 sensors. It comes with free battery exchange.
    2023 Reflection 150 Series 260RD
    2022 Ford F350 SRW CC 4X4 Lariat 6.7 camper package, B&W Companion RVK3300

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tire minder here also. Six on trailer and one on each inside duel on the truck. Much more peace of mind.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast