User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    19SH47

Outdoor Kitchen an option only with Bunkhouse?

My wife and I are retired and just spent two days this past week at the RV Supershow in Tampa looking at TT's. We are new to RV's but have lots of camping experience. We looked in 2013 before spending the next several years attending to elderly parents' needs which completely preempted any thoughts of an RV. Our situation has changed now and while we still have our main priority as caregivers, we have more flexibility and are able to be gone for a couple days to a week on occasion. In 2013 we found a TT that we really liked after looking at many, and our thought was to see what the same company was doing three years later. We did just that and then we looked at the Grand Design which was completely new to us. Grand Design is now our preferred choice unless something happens to change our mind before we pull the trigger. The rep said they have only been building the TT for two years so there was no GD TT in 2013 when we were looking before. The vast majority of time, the TT will be used by just the two of us so we are thinking 313RLTS. My wife really likes the idea of an outdoor kitchen that is built into the TT. However, apparently there is no room to install it as an option except on the 308 bunkhouse model. I wonder if there will be other floorplans available soon that might include the outdoor kitchen? I do see where the convenience of having a frig for cold drinks, a sink, and maybe a tv would be a real plus overall. The burners and/or grill doesn't excite me too much as I would prefer to cook on a better device and preferably at least a little further away from the TT. Any thoughts based on real experience would be much appreciated.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum and good luck with your search. GDRV also offers a outdoor kitchen on the Reflection 29RS 5th wheel that's worth consideration. https://www.granddesignrv.com/reflection29-floor.php

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 19SH47 View Post
    My wife and I are retired and just spent two days this past week at the RV Supershow in Tampa looking at TT's. We are new to RV's but have lots of camping experience. We looked in 2013 before spending the next several years attending to elderly parents' needs which completely preempted any thoughts of an RV. Our situation has changed now and while we still have our main priority as caregivers, we have more flexibility and are able to be gone for a couple days to a week on occasion. In 2013 we found a TT that we really liked after looking at many, and our thought was to see what the same company was doing three years later. We did just that and then we looked at the Grand Design which was completely new to us. Grand Design is now our preferred choice unless something happens to change our mind before we pull the trigger. The rep said they have only been building the TT for two years so there was no GD TT in 2013 when we were looking before. The vast majority of time, the TT will be used by just the two of us so we are thinking 313RLTS. My wife really likes the idea of an outdoor kitchen that is built into the TT. However, apparently there is no room to install it as an option except on the 308 bunkhouse model. I wonder if there will be other floorplans available soon that might include the outdoor kitchen? I do see where the convenience of having a frig for cold drinks, a sink, and maybe a tv would be a real plus overall. The burners and/or grill doesn't excite me too much as I would prefer to cook on a better device and preferably at least a little further away from the TT. Any thoughts based on real experience would be much appreciated.
    We were at the Tampa RV supershow also, boy talk about overwhelming. We like looking at new trailers and different features, we picked up our 2015 GD 313RLTS in March 2015 after looking for about 6 months. We decided the absence of an outdoor kitchen was not a deal breaker and haven't regretted that decision. We are now FT in ours, wish you well in your search.

John & Sherrie
    2015 313rlts and Ram 2500 4x4

19SH47
    Thanks to Dave and Monica for the reply and 5th wheel suggestion. Unfortunately, I have not figured out how we could utilize a fifth wheel and still meet other requirements that we have. So unless something changes (like maybe a new GD floorplan), we will apparently do without an outdoor kitchen.

And John and Sherrie, I too wish you well in your travels as FT'ers. I will be watching for any and all of your posts that detail your experiences with the 313RLTS. There is so much to learn and it seems that the more I learn, the more things I discover that I am pretty ignorant about. Thanks for the opinion.
    Last edited by 19SH47; 01-19-2016 at 09:06 PM.

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The new 376th momentum does have an outside kitchen. It has the small garage on the back underneath the bed. The garage is 5@1/2 ft and doesn't interfere with the living space inside the trailer. It also has an outside fridge, stove and tv.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

mgsemperfi
    Get the 308 and convert the bunk house into a Den..?

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure you've seen it already, but the 297RSTS Reflection travel trailer floorplan might work for you!

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the Reflection 323BHS bunk house, and we absolutely love the outside kitchen with the optional gas grill. We seldom even use the inside kitchen except for heating things in the microwave.