Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Specularius View Post
    I installed the Trail Air Tri-Glide (one of the last ones built) by myself. The factory pin I unbolted and let it tilt down to the bed of the truck. I then placed a piece of 3/4 inch plywood in the back of my truck flush with the end of the tailgate. Then placed a floor jack in the back of the truck and put the hitch on the floor jack. Backed under the front and jacked it into place.
    I found a Trail Air Tri-Glide on CraigsList for $350. I looked brand new and was told he only used it 3 trips. He kept it when he traded trailers but would not fit new trailer. I have used it for a year now. Love it.
    Ron
    2016 Reflection 317RST
    2012 Ram 3500, SRW, CC, LB 4x4 6.7 Cummins
    Katy, Texas

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a trailair on my 45' voltage really liked it. Just picked up my '18 351m momentum. It does not have one. Made me love the trail air even more. So that is in the works to purchase a new one. If you want to make it even ride more amazing add 2 more shocks on the front mount with the one already there with a 1/2" x 11" bolt to fit them and some washers to space them out a little.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trail air.jpg  

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been wondering about this upgrade for some time now, great review, thank you.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I picked up my Momentum yesterday and I could definitely tell the difference between the unit with flex air that I traded in and the solid GD pin box.
    I was hoping it would be ok but I think one of the first purchases for the new trailer will be the flex air pin box.
    Driving to the dealer with my old unit was nice and smooth. Coming home on the same highway was bouncy, jarring and I was way more tired after the drive and it was only 2.5 hours.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What generally is the price tag for this upgrade? About to spend a small fortune on new Goodyear G rated tires and it's eating up the company bonus with a vengeance....

Thanks,
    Devin

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was just comparing the trailair and flexair and noticed the flex is only rated at 18000 lbs. Trail is 21000.
    It was actually a trailair that I had before and it was smooth so I'll be getting that one again. The 394M is rated at 20000.

https://www.etrailer.com/comparison....2&pc2=LC158778

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ace85340 View Post
    I was just comparing the trailair and flexair and noticed the flex is only rated at 18000 lbs. Trail is 21000.
    It was actually a trailair that I had before and it was smooth so I'll be getting that one again. The 394M is rated at 20000.

https://www.etrailer.com/comparison....2&pc2=LC158778
    Actually they make a FLEXAIR (model 369535) that is rated to 21,000lbs.... https://www.etrailer.com/Fifth-Wheel.../LC369535.html

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Darn, I already bought the trail model.
    I'm already regretting it as it smashed in the top of my bed. The airbag lost all of its air in the course of 2 hours of towing and when I turned into a parking lot the pin box hit the side of the bed.
    The last one I had did leak but it took a few days before it needed air.
    This new one went from 89psi to 50 before I could even get home.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also noticed that it doesn't make that much of a difference inside the cab. This GD just tows much rougher than my voltage did. I could barely tell the voltage was back there and it was about the same weight and length.
    The GD I can feel pushing the back of my truck from side to side and it bucks a LOT more. I can also see the tail end wagging when I'm driving straight down a smooth road.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ace85340 View Post
    I also noticed that it doesn't make that much of a difference inside the cab. This GD just tows much rougher than my voltage did. I could barely tell the voltage was back there and it was about the same weight and length.
    The GD I can feel pushing the back of my truck from side to side and it bucks a LOT more. I can also see the tail end wagging when I'm driving straight down a smooth road.
    After having 2 roto flex pin boxes fail (the rubber pad pushed out) we went to the trail air ride and noticed a big difference. Had a voltage with the same pin box and never had a problem. We do feel that the momentum is front end heavier if that makes sense. Grand Design warrantied everything (2018 399Th) and we couldn't be happier!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast