Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great advice folks. We are going to spend a couple weeks in Rockport, a couple days in San Antonio, and a week or so near Kerrsville or Fredricksburg. I've been researching campgrounds, and Buckhorn looks great if it's not too far to go see sights near Fredricksburg.

Do you think we'll have a hard time getting in without reservations? We plan to be there in early March.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kay & Dave - Virginia Beach, VA
    Golden Retriever Molly - Been swimming in 28 states
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2019 GMC Denali CC/LB SRW
    Previous rig: 2014 Reflection 303RLS #314 and 2008 Silverado 2500 D/A

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is a pretty popular park. Call ahead. 30 miles to Fredricksburg. Bandera is fun and women like downtown Bourne (Bur-ny)for shopping. Camp Verde for lunch is awesome.
    Dean and Cindy
    2014 337 RLS
    Firestone Ride - Rite Airbags
    Ford F-250 6.7 Diesel

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you can't get into Buckhorn, try Guadalupe River RV Resort in Kerrville (not far from Buckhorn). It's one of our favorite places, more laid back but great area along the river. Lots of deer, rabbit and squirrels in the park. Kerrville is an interesting little town, several old antique/consignment shops and you really need to go to Gibson's Discount Center, biggest little store ever, they have almost anything you could possibly need.
    Marvin & Marion
    2016 Reflection 303RLS
    2008 Ram 2500HD

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

C130TN
    Some towing advice; put on your turn signal early even though no one here knows what a turn signal is. Then, just start slowly changing lanes if they won't let you over otherwise you'll never be able to change lanes because odds are no one will let you over so you just have to take charge. Also, watch out for people pulling in front of you with any amount of space then slamming on the brakes in heavy traffic. Semi drivers are great because they'll let you over and I always do the same with them. I'd like to think I'm joking but I'm not. I absolutely hate driving through Houston in my truck, let alone towing. It's one reason we don't go to Galveston very often.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Great", he says sarcastically. We'll be in Houston in mid-April for 6 nights. Haven't decided on a place to stay yet, but I'm sure I'll be on the freeway many of the those days as we come and go.
    Tom & Nancy
    Newport, MI
    369RL, #302

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

C130TN
    Quote Originally Posted by TNFSolitude View Post
    "Great", he says sarcastically. We'll be in Houston in mid-April for 6 nights. Haven't decided on a place to stay yet, but I'm sure I'll be on the freeway many of the those days as we come and go.
    There's construction everywhere so I highly recommend you try and check for road closures. Road closures are very common on the weekends so traffic may be worse then than on weekdays. A couple of weeks ago our daughter had a cheer competition in Houston. One of the major inner city freeways had only one lane open and it took us about an 2 1/2 hours to get home, normally an hour. There are some major closures going on now on the weekends.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12