Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2015 Ram 2500 CTD Airbags

Anyone with the above TV use airbags. If so. What brand. Likes dislikes. Thanks
    2015 Ram 2500 CCSB 4x4 CTD Tradesman
    2015 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a Ram, but still 3/4 ton SRW and I am rinning AirLift 5000 bags on seperate airlines to help with sway control.

Cent frum my sell phone so pleeze excuse my spelling and grahmar.
    Zac and Charlene
    Frank and Bella (four-legged kids)
    2014 Reflection 337RLS- SteadyFast stabilizers, Oxygenics shower head, residential sink faucet, residential mattress.
    2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT- EFI Live, MBRP 4" exhaust, LBZ mouthpiece, AirLift Airbags, RDS 60G combo aux tank, and B&W turnover/Andersen Ultimate 5th Wheel

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where did you get yours? How much
    2015 Ram 2500 CCSB 4x4 CTD Tradesman
    2015 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got them from SDtrucksprings.com for $280 shipped. Then a $50 rebate from AirLift within two weeks.

Cent frum my sell phone so pleeze excuse my spelling and grahmar.
    Zac and Charlene
    Frank and Bella (four-legged kids)
    2014 Reflection 337RLS- SteadyFast stabilizers, Oxygenics shower head, residential sink faucet, residential mattress.
    2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT- EFI Live, MBRP 4" exhaust, LBZ mouthpiece, AirLift Airbags, RDS 60G combo aux tank, and B&W turnover/Andersen Ultimate 5th Wheel

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Firestone Ride-Rite and run about 30psi when towing. Other than reducing the squat by a couple inches I have not noticed any improvement in towing or handling. Got them from my brother-in-law for about half price is only reason I am using them. Personally, I wouldn't buy them again.
    Marvin & Marion
    2016 Reflection 303RLS
    2008 Ram 2500HD

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirsea View Post
    I have the Firestone Ride-Rite and run about 30psi when towing. Other than reducing the squat by a couple inches . . .
    I run my Air Ride bags at (usually) 30 psi on my F150 which raises rear ride height about 1/2". With the on board compressor, I can tune this up or down, primarily to change ride quality on rough roads. Does 30 psi really lift your Ram 2500 "a couple of inches" ?

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    I run my Air Ride bags at (usually) 30 psi on my F150 which raises rear ride height about 1/2". With the on board compressor, I can tune this up or down, primarily to change ride quality on rough roads.b
    Hi Rob:

So what have you found to be the right setting on rough roads, I've been running mine on 30psi too.

Ben
    Sharon, Ben & Maggi-Ann (the Cockapoo)
    2014 Reflection 293RES with Airborne Sidewinder
    2015 Ford F150 Ecoboost 4x4 Crewcab with Reese R16

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Ram 3500 so not exactly the same TV. I have the Hellwig bags and really like them. Easy to install and perform well. I almost purchased the automatic set up, which airs the bags back to a level bed as the load is placed on the truck. (It uses a VIAIR compressor and tank) However I figured out I could order a much better VIAIR system system separately and cheaper. With this setup, it is not automatic fill but I have capability to air up anything, which is nice. I purchased both off Amazon. The VIAIR system, while not really difficult, does take some time to install.

I suspect any quality airbag system will work well. Probably a lot of Ford verses Chevy arguments could be made. Bottom line, I think airbags are worth the investment.
    Lyle & Cathy plus Boomer (English Lab)

2015 Grand Design Momentum 350M
    2016 RAM 3500 DRW Laramie Limited 4X4
    6.7 Cummins with Aisin Transmission

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mbaker View Post
    Hi Rob:

So what have you found to be the right setting on rough roads, I've been running mine on 30psi too.

Ben
    Hi Ben,

I don't really have a magic number that always works.
    I will usually first try down to 10 psi (since this is the other set point on my control) This often helps with repeating tar strip impacts. If the road is wavy/wallowing, I will go up to 50 psi which seems to help. More often than not, by the time I have found a better ride pressure, the road surface changes anyway .

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

bob1340
    I have a 2015 Ram 2500 Mega cab that came with the factory auto level set up. I like it so far. I have used the Air Lift bags on a number of other trucks. On a truck with coils like yours there should be a kit with bags that fit inside the coils. This type of set up worked really well on my 2009 1500 Ram with coils. But I am pretty sure they also make a heavy duty set up for the 2500 trucks where the bag fits between the frame and control arm or axle. Go to the Air Lift site and look. Either way you will want to get an on board air supply. And once you get air bags you'll get them on every truck you ever buy.

BTW, I am looking at the 303 myself to replace my TT I have now. Just curious what hitch you are using? The Grand design factory rep told me I would not need a heavy slider hitch in my short bed as these trailers can turn up to 80 degrees with out a slider. I am trying to keep my hitch weight down as low as I can.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast