Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Furrion Camera

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furrion Camera

I'm a bit concerned about the Furrion Back up camera I ordered for my 376TH. On the Grand Design Facebook page people are saying they are having problems with the back up camera, to stay away from it and to get the "Observation" camera instead. I would think that Grand Design, who monitors these sites would address the problem. I know after talking to one of the Reps he said that it's not the best. I might have to talk to my dealer and see what they say. Is Grand Design or Furrion going to step up and correct the issue before I get my unit or can they change it to the Observation camera.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First, call Grand Design customer service. You can also contact Furrion directly. We just finished testing the Observation camera and it's worked very well for us 24x7 for several months.
    Editor - www.RamGunner.com and www.MomentumGunner.com
    2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
    B&W RVK3600 5th Wheel Hitch/Reese 30140 Gooseneck Ball/Gen-Y HDGH-604 Receiver
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I boughty my Reflection 308 last June. Since it already had the housing for the camera I bit and bought the Furrion back up camera (FRC12TA-BL) from the dealer and had it hooked up. Got really spotty reception. After reading the literature about the camera I found a statement that said the camera was for trailers up to 30 feet long. The dealear employee apparently wasn't aware of this. My 308 is over 36 feet. So i bought an 8 foot extension antenna. It only worked marginally better. After reading another forum post about this camera I went ahead and bought the 35 foot antenna extension cable from rvcams.com and ran the antenna all the way to the front of the trailer. Works great now and i leave it on while driving to see cars behind me and coming up to pass me. It is intended for back up only but I like having it on all the time like a rear observation camera.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm considering going with one of these http://www.hyndsightvision.com/ I like that I can move it to where I need/want it. My plan is to use it for hooking up, then when traveling. They had a really good discount on them last week, however at MSRP they're the same price as the Furion it seems.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waywardtexans View Post
    I boughty my Reflection 308 last June. Since it already had the housing for the camera I bit and bought the Furrion back up camera (FRC12TA-BL)... It is intended for back up only but I like having it on all the time like a rear observation camera.

My understanding is that using the backup camera for constant observation will burn it out. You probably want the observation camera instead.
    Jim & Ginny
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-350 King Ranch DRW