User Tag List

NachoFirme

possible to leave water pump on along with city water to increase water pressure?

i have the 313rlts and was curious if i can turn the switch to on for the water pump and increase the water pressure for both the kitchen sink and shower. i havent tried it yet for fear of messing something up. can i do this without causing problems?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't speak to the later/other valve configurations, but there is no way to do this with the Kantleak valve.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe that the pre-set pressure on the pump is 40 psi...I'd have a tough time remembering any situation where the city pressure supply was ever less than that. What problem are you trying to solve?

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

NachoFirme
    Low pressure in the sink and shower. I'm about 75 ft from the house. Pressure was never great to start with but if the pump uses the water in the tank and the water hose just tops off the tank then I should be ok right?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm assuming that your 2016 has the Nautilus system ipo the KantLeak, but either system would require re-arranging of the valves to have the city water fill the FW tank...connected city water won't fill the tank when valves are set to run the pump. Have you tried filling the FW tank and running the pump to see if the water pressure is any better? I'm not seeing any way that the pump would boost pressure beyond 40 psi. If you haven't done so, you should check the faucets for debris in the deaerator or flow restrictor.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nachofirme, sounds like the best situation would be to fill the fresh water tank with the hose and use the pump then you should at least have 40 psi.
    Dan, Marcia, Emilee, Tanner, Zac
    2020 Chevy 3500 HD Crew 6.6L Duramax
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 303 RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoFirme View Post
    Low pressure in the sink and shower. I'm about 75 ft from the house. Pressure was never great to start with but if the pump uses the water in the tank and the water hose just tops off the tank then I should be ok right?
    Your KantLeak setup won't allow that scenario. Just fill your fresh water tank and use the pump; it will provide the best pressure. You'll have to adjust the valves when you need to fill your fresh tank back up. Be cautious about changing the valve settings while you have pressure in the hose.

The pressure situation (low pressure from city water setting when there is decent pressure from city) has been addressed in a few threads on here. I had the same question. From what I gather, your city pressure won't be as good as the pump pressure because KantLeak has some sort of restriction on the inlet to protect you from you when set to city water. I would like to hear from Grand Design on this to verify if that is true or not.

Does anyone know what the max PSI rating is specifically for our Reflection Travel Trailers with the KantLeak systems is? I'd like to set my regulator accordingly.
    The statement below is true.
    The statement above is false.

NachoFirme
    I have the nautilus setup, not kantleak. GD changed to newer system because of complaints from the old one. Problem is not alot of people know about the newer systems functions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoFirme View Post
    I have the nautilus setup, not kantleak. GD changed to newer system because of complaints from the old one. Problem is not alot of people know about the newer systems functions.
    I feel stupid. I typed KantLeak. I meant Nautilus. I have Nautilus as well. Same answer though.
    The statement below is true.
    The statement above is false.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had low water pressure on our shower this last trip out. The dealer had replaced our Kant-Leak assembly so I figured something could be in the stainless mesh screen at the water pump. I pulled it out, and found plumbers grease caking the mesh screen. Cleaned it up good, reinstalled it, and so far the pressure seems back to normal.
    Jeff & Lee

Bodie, and Orion, Yellow, and Chocolate Labs
    Nyx, Dachshund
    2017 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Duramax SRW 4WD
    2016 Momentum 348M #1966

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]