User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: slide outs

Afifth4theroad

slide outs

We just picked up our 27rl, during the checkout (how to session), we were informed the street side slides must always be operated until the full out or the full closed position and we should never stop the slide and start again. we were advised that doing so creates a high risk of getting the motors out of sync and jamming the slide. I can not find anything about this in the manual. Due to the narrow parking area we would find it useful to be able put the slides only part way out, but of course we do not wish to risk causing damage. Does anyone have any additional information re: this issue?

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcom to the forum. I see this is your first post. We're glad to have you here.

If your 27RL is equipped with Lippert Schwintek In-Wall slide outs, the information is correct. You should run the room all the way out and then wait a few seconds before releasing the switch. Same on retracting the room. Here is the Lippert manual for the Schwintek slide out system:

http://www.lci1.com/assets/content/s...-schwintek.pdf

Jim

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new camper!

Here's a youtube video from LCI on your Schwintek slide which will answer your questions...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSafAnjxIV4

BTW, if you have to have the slide only partially open, be aware that it will not be sealed to the elements...only if fully extended or retracted is it sealed.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations!! Welcome to the group
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Afifth4theroad
    thanks I used the link to the manual you provided, that covered the proper operation thoroughly. we will be sure to follow the instructions there. and thanks for the welcome.

Afifth4theroad

thanks

I found the utube video very helpful as well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting stuff! As always I like to learn something new each day. So now i have. The slide in our 303 has this type in the bedroom, but the other two slides only have one motor and it operates the mechanism that brings slide in and out. Like others, when at home we can put street slides out all the way but the door side slide can only go out about 6 inches short of fully extended. Of course this is for loading, unloading, cleaning etc. I have not had any issue with the slides not staying in sync, but then again i haven't done the little slide in bedroom only part way. watching the video(s) on youtube was a great learning deal as well. Thanks for the info!!! Good Luck & Be Safe ! ! !