User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RamGunner View Post
    Agreed. Our 385TH is discontinued, but the floor plan is perfect for us. None of the new models would have worked out as perfectly for our family.
    x2 and in fact we actually liked the 15 385 better than the 16 385 so we were really glad we "jumped" when we did.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

WestFamily
    SO as a company they update all lines all year long. Bad way to run a business no product continuity and hard to manage the design side when every unit is unique. I'd rather buy from a company that stands behind their release. Release a model year product. They need to remove the model year and put Version number releases. I think they are on Imagine 2800HB Ver. 6.253.

WestFamily
    15' to 16 yes I would not have an issue. 16.1 16.2 16.3 and so on. We are a month into 2016 and there have been major changes in the 2016 model year.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WestFamily View Post
    Smart phone, Computers I'm fine with those are throw away items.
    Agreed. Unfortunately, lot of manufacturers are going with mid-year changes. GM, Ford, Ram, on and on and on. From simple feature changes to HP changes. It's a never ending battle.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by offtohavasu View Post
    lot of manufacturers are going with mid-year changes. GM, Ford, Ram, on and on and on. From simple feature changes to HP changes. It's a never ending battle.
    They don't usually tell anyone when it's happening either. Our 1999 TJ (Jeep) made in October of 1998 had 1998 brake rotors. IF you had the factory service manual, it mentioned the change but had no data on "change started with VIN xxxxxxx". You had to look at the part number removed to find out.

Manufacturers are always making changes mid-stream. You even find it in stick-built homes from large-scale builders. Two next to each other might have different "somethings". It's not unique to RV's or anything else.

With software/firmware, it's easy to update. With hardware, not so easy. Go buy a Dell. The same model number next month will have different parts inside.

You buy what you like when you can get it. If they put something nicer in later models, you can either upgrade it yourself or be happy with what you have.
    Editor - www.RamGunner.com and www.MomentumGunner.com
    2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
    B&W RVK3600 5th Wheel Hitch/Reese 30140 Gooseneck Ball/Gen-Y HDGH-604 Receiver
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

WestFamily
    Quote Originally Posted by RamGunner View Post
    They don't usually tell anyone when it's happening either. Our 1999 TJ (Jeep) made in October of 1998 had 1998 brake rotors. IF you had the factory service manual, it mentioned the change but had no data on "change started with VIN xxxxxxx". You had to look at the part number removed to find out.

Manufacturers are always making changes mid-stream. You even find it in stick-built homes from large-scale builders. Two next to each other might have different "somethings". It's not unique to RV's or anything else.

With software/firmware, it's easy to update. With hardware, not so easy. Go buy a Dell. The same model number next month will have different parts inside.

You buy what you like when you can get it. If they put something nicer in later models, you can either upgrade it yourself or be happy with what you have.
    Your looking at Safety improvements. For get software firmware. Major Auto Manufactures do not release Mid Year Body style changes as a norm. Only one that is coming to mind is the 64' 1/2 Mustang and that was a product release mid year. You don't see Body styles changing mid year, Most are on a 3 year production run. Small changes from year to year over that production run but not changes every month. Every time I see a new imagine they have added something new or made a change. I still think they have not addressed the heat issue which should be on the top of the list.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I was in manufacturing for over 30 years as both an engineer and production manager. We were making tactical missiles. It is very difficult to have two back to back units built entirely the same, let alone an entire year's worth of production. There are always constant design changes to "fix" problem areas, new suppliers, obsolete material issues, and anything imaginable that can impact your design. We tried to implement block changes, but it was nearly impossible. We've had suppliers go out of business without any warning, suppliers facilities catch on fire, suppliers who were indicted for legal problems, you name it.

What is funny is that one of our missiles was called "Standard Missile". It was anything but Standard. So I'm not surprised when I see mid-year changes, new features and supplier changes on any products.

Jim

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    I was in manufacturing for over 30 years as both an engineer and production manager. We were making tactical missiles. It is very difficult to have two back to back units built entirely the same, let alone an entire year's worth of production. There are always constant design changes to "fix" problem areas, new suppliers, obsolete material issues, and anything imaginable that can impact your design. We tried to implement block changes, but it was nearly impossible. We've had suppliers go out of business without any warning, suppliers facilities catch on fire, suppliers who were indicted for legal problems, you name it.

What is funny is that one of our missiles was called "Standard Missile". It was anything but Standard. So I'm not surprised when I see mid-year changes, new features and supplier changes on any products.

Jim
    Jim, you weren't Raytheon's version of Johnny Cash's "One Piece at a Time" were you?
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post

Jim
    I can just picture Dr. Evil calling up Raytheon. "Yes, I'd like to buy some missiles. What type? I don't know, just the standard ones I guess. I also need some lasers, and some headbands to put them on sharks."
    Editor - www.RamGunner.com and www.MomentumGunner.com
    2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
    B&W RVK3600 5th Wheel Hitch/Reese 30140 Gooseneck Ball/Gen-Y HDGH-604 Receiver
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^^^^ now that's funny right there!
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast