User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I know the GD guys get a little squeamish dealing with all of the engineers who've bought their products. I'd hate to be one of the GD engineers with constant recommendations to redesign this or that...

Jim

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,
    Expect this trend to continue as 10,000 US baby boomers retire each day for the next 13 years or so. Yikes! The pressure on the RV suppliers will be something they haven't seen, ever and will cause the RV manufacturers to constantly scramble for quality suppliers that can keep up with demand. This will cause constant changes in components and and overall design to accommodate these component changes. This will also impact the places to stay with the new hordes of RV'rs hitting the roads. Spare parts will also be challenge.

Regards,
    Kevin

FB Partner
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Jason, do agree it is crazy! I'm hoping to talk to GD guys at the show.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jason if I was you and was that upset I would trade it for a unit with the fiberglass cap on it. Keep in mind that just because we are only 2 months in to 2016 the model year 2016 trailers were being built in mid 2015.
    Dan, Marcia, Emilee, Tanner, Zac
    2020 Chevy 3500 HD Crew 6.6L Duramax
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 303 RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where's a pic of the new cap?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe I am the odd man out here, but I have one of the "old" style 2016 Imagines and none of this is bothering me a bit. I am not in the manufacturing business and not an engineer (although I do employ some) we make changes when the need is realized or we find a way to do it better. We don't go back to all our previous installs and make the change for them too. The folks that used our services before the change got what they agreed to and paid for. I look at this the same way, they are constantly improving their product which will help sales and keep them in business so when I am looking for my next RV they will be around for me to purchase from again, and unless I cant find a floor plan I like, I will. I have had nothing but great experiences with everyone I have come in contact with at GD, despite my dealer being a disaster, they have made sure that I am happy. That is what matters to me. If having a fiberglass front cap was a deal breaker for me when I bought the trailer I wouldn't have bought this trailer, why would it be a deal breaker for me now? The only one that I would really want to retrofit on to mine would be the vent fan, but again, not a big deal to me. It didn't have it when I agreed to purchase the trailer, I knew they existed on other trailers, wasn't a deal breaker to me. Everyone has different ways of looking at things!
    Take care,
    Chris
    2017 Momentum 350M
    2016 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD Dually w/ B&W Companion Hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to admit I am really puzzled by this line of posts. If I understand this correctly people are upset that improvements have been made to a product and the manufacturer didn't make all the changes at once but improved the product with in a production year. I would assume that the product you bought has been improved over a previous model. Should the improvements not have been made? Should improvements be made only on a particular schedule rather than incrementally? What improvements should be done within a model year, safety only, appearance only, functional only? No matter when you buy there will probably be a new and improved model. If you are only committed to the status quo then you are bound to be disappointed but I for one appreciate the flexible manner of our manufactures, unlike the old Henry Ford deal for the model T that you could have in any color as long as it was black.
    Ralph and Sheri Mutchler
    Reflection 303
    Snook, TX

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly has anyone ever seen a new trailer come out and a few months latter get a face lift? I haven't and I've been looking at several brands for our next purchase for a long time.Almost always something as prominent as a FG front cap is usually done at the next years cycle. Usually along with outside color/decal changes.
    Dealers can't be happy as they will have to sell the outdated (In some minds) unit next to one that looks better. (In some minds). Which one would you want? I know which one I would.
    It is somewhat puzzling why GD did this. I could see changing something that was prone to issues like a tv or stereo. Even a swap out for a dinette wouldn't be out of line. Sometimes subs have problems and the MFG needs to find a new sub.

FB Partner
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    Honestly has anyone ever seen a new trailer come out and a few months latter get a face lift? I haven't and I've been looking at several brands for our next purchase for a long time.Almost always something as prominent as a FG front cap is usually done at the next years cycle. Usually along with outside color/decal changes.
    Dealers can't be happy as they will have to sell the outdated (In some minds) unit next to one that looks better. (In some minds). Which one would you want? I know which one I would.
    It is somewhat puzzling why GD did this. I could see changing something that was prone to issues like a tv or stereo. Even a swap out for a dinette wouldn't be out of line. Sometimes subs have problems and the MFG needs to find a new sub.
    Thank you!! Exactly the point us (old) imagine owners are trying to make, I think any momentum,solitude or reflection owners would have the same complaint if the front cap (trademark look) was not on brand new model just purchased and then 1 month later was on every other GD model from there on!?!? Nobody is complaining about little issues or changes we are talking about huge issues and changes!!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So if you bought your trailer and it was one of the last of the 2015's and then they made the big change on the first 2016 without telling anybody it was coming, say one month later, would you still have the same problem? Wouldn't the dealer still be potentially selling the old style alongside the new style? I get what you are saying, but again, I made the decision to buy my trailer based on what was there in front of me at the time after much research of many different brands. I chose mine based on what was important to me. Would I like a fiberglass front cap? Sure, I think it does look better, but I am not going to complain to GD about mine not having it because it didn't have it when I decided to buy the trailer. I knew they were available on other trailers, it didn't matter to me enough to steer me away from GD and on to one of those trailers. I think I would be more upset if I just bought one of those other trailers with the fiberglass cap because I really liked every single thing about the Imagine but just couldn't live without that fiberglass cap and then they come out with the Imagine w/ the cap!

Everybody has different views and things hit people in different ways. I am still a very happy Imagine owner, and if my trailer ends up parked next to one with the cap and other stuff at the campground someday, I will still be happy.
    Take care,
    Chris
    2017 Momentum 350M
    2016 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD Dually w/ B&W Companion Hitch

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast