User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We put a downpayment yesterday but wondering if we should back out ONLY because of the retractable shower door. It is so thin, almost like a piece of paper. What if the grandkids were taking a shower and slipped? They would fall right through the shower door and rip it? Any comments on this?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait 10 min and a new option will appear.

Quote Originally Posted by enzmood2 View Post
    We put a downpayment yesterday but wondering if we should back out ONLY because of the retractable shower door. It is so thin, almost like a piece of paper. What if the grandkids were taking a shower and slipped? They would fall right through the shower door and rip it? Any comments on this?
    If a shower door concerns you yes I would recommend you back out but those doors are very durable

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if you noticed, but you replied to a thread from 2016. The shower door on our 2021 22RBE seems fine to us.
    2021 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    2021 Ram 2500 Hemi, Crew Cab Short Bed
    2-206 AH SOK Batteries, Victron MultiPlus 3000VA Inverter, 800 watts solar

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Better that than falling thru a glass door. Paper cuts hurt more but glass does much more damage to the body. The shower door can always be removed and put in a curtain or your choice
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They've had the same retractable shower screen on for several years now....seems to work for most people. (think thousands of Imagine/XLS owners).
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    They've had the same retractable shower screen on for several years now....seems to work for most people. (think thousands of Imagine/XLS owners).
    They had us evaluate prototypes at one of the rallies. That shower door was on my list of things that can go wrong. I broke in record time as it slipped out of my hand. But my cousin likes that shower door in their GD
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    They had us evaluate prototypes at one of the rallies. That shower door was on my list of things that can go wrong. I broke in record time as it slipped out of my hand. But my cousin likes that shower door in their GD
    Yeah, it's probably not everyone's preference, but it works. Winnebago has been using those shower screens in their B vans for about 20 years already.

It's like anything....."if my grandkids slip and fall through it" can also equate to "if my grandkids slip and fall down the steps". Do we take steps away, or go on with life and take it as it comes.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I was looking at different models, I thought I’d end up replacing this or using a curtain, but after using it for over a year now, I really like it and would replace it with the same if something happens to this one. I’ve had a standard curtain before and they are annoying as they want to get sucked in and cling to you if you brush up against them. A thicker residential one might not be as bad. I’ve also had one with a glass door and while it feels more solid, it swings out into the bathroom and you have to move out of the way to open and close it. This retractable one has held up really well and still looks brand new over a year in. I’ve had a friend camp with me with his two teenage sons and no one had any issues with it. The bottom of the shower is textured so slipping isn’t much concern. If anything were to happen, it would be more of a loss of balance fall, which is not likely and a glass door or curtain wouldn’t stop them either.

I know this was mentioned already, but wanted to add clarity to it as it looks like you’re new here. This is a very old post you replied to that is somewhat unrelated. It is best to start a new post instead of replying to old post unless there is value to add to the old post. Creating a new post specifically regarding the shower door would make it easier for someone else to find when looking through the forum, allow people to know exactly the topic of your question or concern is from the thread title which would help you get more answers, and it prevents us from looking through multiple pages of comments to figure out what is going on; though I did find many of the comments comical.
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2600RB

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a lot more to these coaches than one part. My experience so far suggests that in general the GD product is well made. Are there things I would change? Probably. But my new coach is a big step up from my earlier TT by a different manufacturer. BTW, welcome to the forum, it looks like you're new here.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree... the Grand Design RV's appear to be generally better built than most I have seen. My previous RV was a 2017 Flagstaff V-Lite; we really liked it, but when the time arrived last Spring to upgrade, we bought the 337RLS and really like it. There have been a few issues and a couple of problems that the dealer fixed under warranty last October... we waited until the end of camping season as all could wait and we would have emptied out the RV by then. The only problem that has continued is a very slow water leak that (I assume) is behind the Nautilus panel. I will remove the vertical panel in the "basement", apply a few days of water pressure, and attempt to determine the exact location of the leak. This is not a "deal breaker" for me, but rather a problem that should be repairable. As the dealership has been generally good and responsive for the V-Lite and now the 337RLS, they will be notified of my findings.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678