Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone tried putting a 4 wheel ATV into 376TH?

We are trying to decide between a 376TH and a Solitude 379FL. We would really like to have some kind of off-road vehicle to use when boondocking in the desert. Motorcycles are awesome, but for medical and other reasons they are out of the question. There are some smaller 4 wheelers that will fit dimensionally, but that doesn't take into account the physical realities of toy + rider - head injury. So we want to know if anyone has tried putting a small RAZR or 2 person ATV in the 376TH garage?

I have searched the web to no avail. I asked Grand Design this questions and rather than respond, they had our local dealership contact us. The answer I got was, "Put a deposit down, bring in the toy and we will see if it fits. If not, you can have your deposit back."

So I am turning to you kind folks on the forum. Do you have any experience or wisdom to share with these newbies?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven't done it but the narrowest RZR SxS is 50" so if the area is 59" like the ramp, it should fit width wise. I think Height of the cage will be the problem. (and getting around it to secure it)
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ditto. My concern would be 50" (our 2014 RZR800EPS) vs 59". You might find yourself climbing in/out the back once it's in there. I think it would fit in height-wise ok, but I'm afraid the side-to-side is the killer.
    Editor - www.RamGunner.com and www.MomentumGunner.com
    2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
    B&W RVK3600 5th Wheel Hitch/Reese 30140 Gooseneck Ball/Gen-Y HDGH-604 Receiver
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, Jim and RamGunner. I agree with your assessments.
    I am still hoping someone will respond that has tried it as I would like to hear how they did it (or weren't able to). It's too important a decision (for us anyway) to go forward based on, "it might work".

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you thought about a 2 up quad? They are much slimmer and don't have a roll cage so height wise should fit. Surprisingly fun to ride 2 up with my wife on the back when we demo'd one a few weeks ago in Yuma.

Just thinking on ways to help spend your money...
    Chris & Honey & Mugsy
    2015 380TH -- Vin 573FM4221F1103069
    2015 Ram 3500 Dually

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    C&H Connor,
    Yes, that is definitely on our list of potential toys. Your demo didn't by chance include riding it up the ramp into a 376TH did it?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL, no sir we didn't! Wasn't a 376 handy to make the attempt.

We did see a 376TH in Quartzite a week later and commented on the fact it would fit if needed. Very unscientific I realize but it's much help as I can give you.
    Chris & Honey & Mugsy
    2015 380TH -- Vin 573FM4221F1103069
    2015 Ram 3500 Dually

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too am looking at the 376. So far what I have found is the Trail version UTV or side by side units are 50" wide. The problem lies in height or length. Some are short enough but too tall and vide versa. The Polaris Ace a single person UTV would be close, 3 " too tall. I believe that letting the air out of the tire would be able to fit the Polaris Trail UTV, 4" too tall. It will fit width wide and just length wise. Securing the UTV is something I have not considered. Most ATV's would fit.The side by side UTV's are a blast. I have not tried a 2 up quad yet. I suspect winching in the UTV would be an option, hopefully an experienced UTV'er can help with the tie down part. Real wheel chocks could be the answer ( sorry rambling now ).
    Denis
    2017 Solitude RES 375.
    12- 160w Solar Panels, 800 amps Lithium. Off the grid we go!!
    Ram 3500 DRW

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think if you can find something that will fit in there you can probably make some kind of chock/blocks to run up against in the front and then do something in the back to hold it in place then you are good to go. I know the cages on the RZRs are fairly high so not sure if any will fit.

Does anyone know the opening height dimension on the 376?
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We first thought we would want a side by side like the small RAZRs but haven't seen any without a roll cage (which we are convinced will not fit in that mini garage). But a 2 up is the current front-runner. If that won't work, we will probably just have to rent something when wintering in AZ. Consolation prize: Living in a Solitude 379FL, so not a bad deal.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast