User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flags and Brackets

I always fly Old Glory and my AZ state flag. So here we are, another RV park / camp site, and while the parking spot is great and the place is nice, we usually need to back in and of course flagpole buddy is at the rear on the ladder and not able to put it up like it should be. simple modifications with some bungie's to attach to ladder at an angle to keep flags out of trees and in site. So now on to my thought! please share pictures of modifications and / or additions of flag displaying techniques. I have an idea or two for the front of the trailer maybe on the hitch, but thought I would pose the challenge to us to share your ideas and accomplishments. Attaching flag to front of trailer will allow us to display flags anywhere we park! ! ! not sure if this belongs in the sections, but thanks in advance to all. ! ! !
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	justguys 004.jpg 
Views:	371 
Size:	83.5 KB 
ID:	3678

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have seen several different flag mounts on front. I've used a cinder block and bungee cord to put mine in front when I didn't have clearance in back. Why are you in Little Rock in February?
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the poles and holders bracket on the tongue of my trailer for my flag pole. Works great, but I have a bumper pull, not a 5w.
    18 Momentum 376TH
    13 GMC Dually Duramax Denali
    08 Kawasaki ZG1400 Concours

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also bought from poles and holders. Used tongue bracket on my travel trailer and now use the holder that plugs into 2" receiver on rear of the fiver.
    Ron
    2016 Reflection 317RST
    2012 Ram 3500, SRW, CC, LB 4x4 6.7 Cummins
    Katy, Texas

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use a "boat style" flag attachment on our pin box. All parts are stainless. The base is fastened with 10-24 screws into threaded holes in the pin box. This arrangement allows the flag to be lit by the OEM LED lights across the front of the RV.

Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1255.jpg   IMG_1005.jpg  
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have my flag pole in the front and it put the aluminum base of the pole under one of the legs of the tripod.
    Patrick & Marla with Boomer and Sooner

2007 Chev 2500 Allison Duramax
    2014 Solitude 368RD

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    We use a "boat style" flag attachment on our pin box. All parts are stainless. The base is fastened with 10-24 screws into threaded holes in the pin box. This arrangement allows the flag to be lit by the OEM LED lights across the front of the RV.

Rob
    I wonder how that affects warranty with lippert? I know it's very trivial being such small holes, but we all know how warranties can be.
    2015 Ram 2500 CCSB 4x4 CTD Tradesman
    2015 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bgbdbrwn View Post
    I wonder how that affects warranty with lippert? I know it's very trivial being such small holes, but we all know how warranties can be.
    Just put one of those decals over the holes. Don
    2014 Reflection 303//2013 Ram 2500 turbo diesel Spring, TEXAS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not sure how the warranty would be affected, but this stuff is engineered to withstand a lot of force, twisting, etc. My take, if you drill a couple 1/8 inch holes, then mount a bracket and fill the holes with screws, you haven't created any weakness in the original structure. Matter of fact, you add another support! We have added our level on the front as well. Just my take opinion etc. Good Luck & Be Safe ! ! !

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are parts of every structure that are critical load paths . . . and other parts that are not. Three 1/8" holes in the centre of the flat top surface of the standard pin box would not interrupt any of these critical load paths. The vertical side walls of the pin box would be a different story. And, even Lipppert is designing in a safety margin. How many landing gear stabilizer systems have you seen mounted through 1/2" holes drilled in the lower flanges of the I beam frame rails . . . which are critical load paths. I'm not losing any sleep over my flag bracket.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast