Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Possession of Reflection 313

We've had many rv's - campers, motorhomes, trailers and have moved back to a truck (2015 Silverado HD2500) and a brand new Reflection 313 as we get ready to retire. We looked at many brands and models and this one is the layout and quality that fits our needs the best. Anyone have any little quirks (things we should know about that maybe wouldn't find in the literature) they'd like to share? We're really excited and looking forward to this. We camp for 3 months in summer right on the ocean - high tide mark is just feet from the back bumper. Other than that, we plan to travel around.
    J&J

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new camper!

If your Silverado doesn't already have a class V (2.5" receiver) you may what to add one. The dry tongue weight will be closer to 1250# with propane and battery before you start loading it up. I think the standard hitch is a class IV with 1300/13000# ratings.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave and Monica; 02-08-2016 at 09:42 AM.
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations J&J, and Welcome to the forum.
    We don't have that model, but love our 337RLS.

K
    Ken & Wilma
    Central Maryland
    2014 Reflection 337RLS #439
    2011 F250 CC 4x4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations! Welcome to the group
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LCBoyer View Post
    Congratulations! Welcome to the group
    Thank you for the warm welcome. We are out in British Columbia. Also thanks for the tip on the hitch. We're ok there however did find out that our equalizer is only a 8000# rating and need to get a heavier one (11000-12000#?).
    J&J

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure what a/c unit you have but on our unit we had a single 13.5 Atwood and it wouldn't keep up in the summer. We added a second unit and can't wait to try it out.

Rolling Along
    Now-Oct 2018: Prince William Forest Park, NPS, Triangle VA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome, J&J!

Probably the #1 complaint is about the Kant-Leak water filler. Use the Search function to find threads about it, what problems to look for, how to avoid some problems, etc.

Dave
    2015 Reflection 337RLS, #931, Built 6/14, Purchased New 1/15
    2015 Silverado 3500HD LTZ SRW CC, 8' Bed, 4WD, Z71, Duramax/Allison
    11,600 GVW, 3,739 Payload, 16.1 mpg for first 21,000 miles
    Reese Elite 18K Hitch with underbed rails
    Amateur Radio KQ3T (ex-WN8PXF, WA8PXF, N3CKQ)
    Felines: Butter (Abyssinian), Cinnamon (Burmese, R.I.P.), and Harry (Orange Tiger Cat, Rescued from Sutton Lake CG, WV)
    2018: Visitor Center Volunteer at Prince William Forest Park, Triangle VA, June thru October
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lineguy View Post
    Not sure what a/c unit you have but on our unit we had a single 13.5 Atwood and it wouldn't keep up in the summer. We added a second unit and can't wait to try it out.
    J&J,

Welcome . . . you may be just fine with one AC . . . unless you are travelling south in the summer.
    We also have the Atwood 13.5 and it will hold 22C (72F) inside at 32C (90F) outside.

The trick is to get the AC going earlier in the day than you think you need to, to beat the afternoon heat.
    Also, particularly with the Atwood, it has a very small single layer filter that needs cleaning regularly to maintain performance.

Having said all of the above, I expect that your more recent production unit will have a Dometic AC, which is reported to have better cooling than the Atwood . . . (but does make more noise).

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Wmrwhite
    Welcome JadeEast! We also have the 313RLTS. We've had ours for a year now and the only real issue we've had is with the water distribution manifold (Kant Leak). To check yours, when the coach is hooked up to city water supply, remove the cover on the side of the inlet panel. There should be 6 or 8 square drive screws to remove. Use a flashlight to inspect all the threaded and crimped connections on the back of the panel and hoses. Any drips, let your dealer know! I discovered ours was leaking while on a trip and wound up taking the whole manifold apart and reassembling it using a better grade of teflon tape on the threads and stainless hose clamps on the hose connections that dripped.
    We love our 313 but will be upgrading to a Solitude when we retire next year and start full time living in the RV!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the family. I hope you enjoy your investment, we love ours. Here is just a few things to keep in mind we have had these issues with our 313...slides getting out of time and not being properly being trained at delivery how and why they come out of time https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSafAnjxIV4 check to make sure your black tank rinse works correctly and does not leak water back into the storage compartment. Oh the most important and I just could not resist to tell you about the A/C (Thanks Rob)our 2015 308 had a atwood unit on the roof ...we loved it was ssssoooooo quiet then we traded for the 313 and the 16 model has the new dometic on the roof and it cools very good (cant say better than the Atwood) but it is so loud it drove my wife and I crazy Grand Design did nothing to help with the issue other than tell us to call Dometic and see what they thought.Rob is right about the noise if I never had the Atwood I would still say it is to loud...But I fixed ours .....just bought a new Atwood A/C unit and as soon as the TT comes out of storage were putting it in. Read my post in the Reflection Travel Trailer section. I'm going to buy a boat and use the Dometic for a boat anchor ! Hope your gives you year of enjoyment..other than the A/C issue they are the best out there in my opinion and best quality I have seen in a travel trailer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast