Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ridiculous Warranty

How rediculous in this day and time that RV manufactures have conspired to put a one year warranty on $40 plus thousand dollars RVs. The thing on average sets idle 50 + persent of the time. Just venting HAVE A NICE DAY. Don
    2014 Reflection 303//2013 Ram 2500 turbo diesel Spring, TEXAS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand your point Don but us people continue to buy them so why would the manufacturers change it? Until they have a problem selling their units it will stay at the current timeframe. I know Jayco warrants their units for 2 years.
    Dan, Marcia, Emilee, Tanner, Zac
    2020 Chevy 3500 HD Crew 6.6L Duramax
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 303 RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'm sure the bean counters have all that figured into the overall cost and a longer warranty would add $$$ to an RV with a longer term one. And as previously mentioned, until we as consumers demand better, we'll get just we deserve. With millions of baby boomers retiring over the next 20 years and sales of RV's projected to go through the roof, I wouldn't hold out much hope for any improvement in either better workmanship or extended warranty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forest River offers a 2nd year warranty on their RV products for a very nominal fee, I believe it's still $150 for the additional year of warranty.
    Keith, Karen & Pippa (soft coated Wheaten Terrier)

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD CrewCab 4x4 LTZ Duramax Diesel

Fifth Wheel: 2017 Grand Design 303RLS

Hitch: Andersen Ultimate Hitch II - Aluminum

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    $40 thousand plus? I believe the $2-300 thousand and up motor coaches are the same one year. That would really suck.
    Scott and Jan Platt Ocala, FL
    Cameron(Son) & Chica(chihuahua)
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 4X4, Crew Cab, Dually, Diesel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jayco-2yrs, Forest River 2nd year option. OutdoorRV 1,2,3 year warranty. Highland Ridge (Open Range), 2 year transferable. Crossroads RV, 2 year. Might be others but you get the point. Doesn't mean it's built any better with a 2 yr warranty but the 2nd year can come in handy sometimes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a long talk with Don Clark at the Houston RV show last year (02/2015), and I challenged him on this exact subject. My point was …. If your rigs are as good as you say they are, then why do you not warrant them for 2 years, like Jayco, Crossroads etc.

His reply was centered on the 3 year structural warranty that comes with GD, because it covers the most costly components in case of a failure. Like the flooring, roofing, walls, I-beam construction, lift system etc. The roof material has its own warranty of 12 years, and all of the appliances have their own warranty as well, like the Frig, TV, microwave etc.

I was not moved by this and still think GD should step up and put a 2 year bumper-to-bumper on their units. This is the main reason I will purchase an extended warranty in March.
    Terry and Eileen
    2017 Solitude 310GK
    2015 Ram Longhorn 3500 4X2 SRW 6.7 Cummins
    Houston Texas
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You all get that there is no cost to the manufacture for the warranty they offer. Its built in to the purchase price! If warranty repairs for any year are higher than the warranty pool the manufacture raises the price, (dealer cost), of the RV. Important to understand because you want to make sure you get your money worth before you buy an extended warranty. As far as a two year warranty - GD should make it an option. After the first year most of the warranty issues have been taken care of.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought the service contract from Cornerstone. And hope I don't need to use it. It was about 2k for 6 years. Really 5 because of factory warranty. I'll be tickled to death if I don't use one cent of it.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
    Steven and Linda Akers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got an extended warranty when i bought mine.I have found that it is much harder to deal with the extended over the factory. When i had a claim it was on a Sun. and they were closed their policy was to get it fixed and then call on Mon. My slide would not go in and i was at a campground.I had to leave that day as reservations were made. Well they have a $100.00 deductible they would not pay the service charge so the bill was $300.00. I got $100.00 of my 3 back. So not impressed with the extended warranty. Don
    2014 Reflection 303//2013 Ram 2500 turbo diesel Spring, TEXAS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast