Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 2014 vs 2016

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2014 vs 2016

We are in the market for a toy hauler but unfortunately GD doesn't make one that will suit our needs and abilities. On to the point of this post. While looking for one that we can afford I have come to realize the value of our 303rls is much lower than what I would have suspected and after researching I have come up with what I feel is the main problem. The new model 303rls has been upgraded with hydraulic auto leveling , all led lighting, receiver hitch, suspension mod to accomodate 16" wheels,more plush seating, large one bowl sink with cover, larger tv and cooktop with a glass cover. This can all be bought for $40,000 at the nearest dealer where we bought ours from which is only $1,000.00 more than we paid 2 years ago. That's great that GD stepped up the bang for the buck but that did not do any favors for all previous owners. Now I am looking at taking a serious hit to make a change ---------
    2014 Ram 2500 W / 6.7L diesel
    2014 303 RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 2014 Ram is probably worth half what I paid for it a couple years ago, which was way more than $40,000
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When it comes to Ram trucks the only ones that have any kind of resale are the diesel rigs. Not really a fair comparison between a truck that gets driven daily and accumulates wear and tear and a camper that sits more than being moved on the road or even getting used. Mine when not being used is under a carport so it's not even subjected to wear from being in the elements 24/7 like most are. I do otherwise understand the point your making.
    2014 303 RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any RV regardless of future model upgrades will take a major hit. I would venture a guess that a 1 year old RV drops 40% and a 5 year old RV is worth at most 25% of what you paid for it. All those extra do dads such as hydrolic stabilizers, better furniture etc. means squat when figuring it's trade in value.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My bank valued our 2014 337 for$42k this past December when we bought it.

Cent frum my sell phone so pleeze excuse my spelling and grahmar.
    Zac and Charlene
    Frank and Bella (four-legged kids)
    2014 Reflection 337RLS- SteadyFast stabilizers, Oxygenics shower head, residential sink faucet, residential mattress.
    2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT- EFI Live, MBRP 4" exhaust, LBZ mouthpiece, AirLift Airbags, RDS 60G combo aux tank, and B&W turnover/Andersen Ultimate 5th Wheel

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eaglehead--RV Trader has had a few 2014 303s listed for 35K +/- and when I check back every so often most are not listed any longer especially dealer units. So it seems (assuming top condition) mid 30s +/- is right in there consistent with NADA book value. With the more prime time buying system coming up for especially used units, good ones should sell in a similar range even in a few months. I also read a few weeks ago on RV Business (a Black Book article) that used units (nice ones, of course) have been bringing higher auction prices over the last several months which compared with previous years is an anomaly.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would find a unit that I like, decide how much difference I want to pay and go shopping. If you can't get a deal, back up and reevaluate.
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LCBoyer View Post
    I would find a unit that I like, decide how much difference I want to pay and go shopping. If you can't get a deal, back up and reevaluate.
    Sounds like a good plan. Thanks
    2014 303 RLS