0 Thread(s)

strong arm anti sway

Aanyone install strong arm sway bars on a 337? Looks like spare tire issues

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. Installed JT Strongarms on our 337 last year. On the back jacks I installed them towards the back of camper on frame. Nothing in middle to attach to, plus you would have to crawl under trailer to tighten or loosen thumb screws every time you set up or tear down. They work great, except, because back jacks are right behind axles there is a lot of overhang on the rear of camper with no support. Not a big deal, except in our case, we travel with teenage boys. If they are bouncing around on the rear couch or fold out bed, you can still feel it up front. I also use a portable stabilizer under rear bumper (2 fold out legs on an angle with a ratchet strap to tighten them up, forgot what they're called, bought at Camp World) solid now, no more wiggle!!
    Fairly easy to install. Get good drill bit and be patient drilling through frame.
    Scott and Jan Platt Ocala, FL
    Cameron(Son) & Chica(chihuahua)
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 4X4, Crew Cab, Dually, Diesel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott and Jan View Post
    Yes. Installed JT Strongarms on our 337 last year. On the back jacks I installed them towards the back of camper on frame. Nothing in middle to attach to, plus you would have to crawl under trailer to tighten or loosen thumb screws every time you set up or tear down. They work great, except, because back jacks are right behind axles there is a lot of overhang on the rear of camper with no support. Not a big deal, except in our case, we travel with teenage boys. If they are bouncing around on the rear couch or fold out bed, you can still feel it up front. I also use a portable stabilizer under rear bumper (2 fold out legs on an angle with a ratchet strap to tighten them up, forgot what they're called, bought at Camp World) solid now, no more wiggle!!
    Fairly easy to install. Get good drill bit and be patient drilling through frame.
    Scott and Jan i live in Stuart, Fl. and we were up your way this past weekend at Wekiwa SP in Apopka. Came home and ordered JT Strongarms. We have a 2015 without rear bumper. If i understand you correctly you bolted Strongarm to bumper and to rear legs? It looks like quite an angle from the bumper to legs. Thought about installing square tubing or angle iron in front of spare tire to use as an anchoring point in the middle. Yes i agree it would be a pain in the butt to have to crawl under each time to tighten T bolt. We don't have children going with us so i'll try only the front set up first. Would you be kind enough to send a pic of your setup please. Thank you for your reply

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scott disregard bumper statement i ment frame i was thinking of my friends 303

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Henry, sorry for the confusion. Hope these pics help.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	16.4 KB 
ID:	3750Click image for larger version. 

Views:	85 
Size:	19.9 KB 
ID:	3751Click image for larger version. 

Views:	88 
Size:	19.7 KB 
ID:	3752
    Pic is in stowed/travel position. Attached JT from rear jack to frame at the measurement in instructions. Can still reach T bolts just like front ones. 2nd pic is RV Stabilizer by Valtera that I use under rear bumper for extra stability. Can be placed under rear frame or receiver hitch also. Hope this helps!
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Scott, being new to this forum i have to figure out how to open your pics. Any ideas how to open your pics?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henry76 View Post
    Thanks Scott, being new to this forum i have to figure out how to open your pics. Any ideas how to open your pics?
    As you are a 'Registered Guest', you do not have full privileges on the forum like opening posted attachments. If you become a 'Site Sponsor' for a paid subscription of $12/yr you will have full forum privileges. The paid subscriptions cover the costs of running the forum and avoids having ads and pop-ups. You can join by accessing 'Paid Subscription' under 'My Settings' on your profile page.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you sooooo much, paid subscription and good to go. Now i can enjoy all pic. from members. Thank you again Henry

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scott, thanks to Dave in Ontario i am able to view pics. Good pics. Thanks for going out of your way for the pics .Henry

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are welcome, Henry! Gave me an excuse to get up off the recliner that night to go outside and take the pics.
    Glad Dave got to help you figure out how to see pics. I haven't been on here in a few days.
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast