Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Square Footage 337

Anyone know the Square footage of a 337. Wife's been watching Tiny House Nation on the tube. Thanks in advance for any info.

Phil Gaston
    Grayson, Ga.
    Reflection 337
    F-250

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, Phil... I don't know whether to bless you or curse you for making me get out of my recliner. I'm leaning toward blessing for two reasons: 1) I needed to get up and move my old bones around, anyway, and 2) I've been curious about the square footage of our rig, too.

So, I got my butt out of the chair and grabbed a tape measure and spiral notebook. It's not as easy as calculating the square footage of a foundation house because of the slides, built-in cabinetry and furniture, etc., but I came up with 324 square feet. There are a few caveats, however. As in a "stix 'n brix," this area includes the bed and cabinetry such as the kitchen island, dresser, end cabinets in the rear, buffet, etc. What I did not take the time to figure out at first - either physically or philosophically - is the kitchen slide. It is 24.5" x 153" inside, which - in a regular house - would add another 26 square feet. Of course, in the 337 this is all consumed by the frig, stove/microwave, pantry, and entertainment center. I guess that, in a real house, those same furnishings and appliances would take up the same or more floor space which would be counted in the house's square footage, anyway. In this case, we could say that the 337 has about 350 square feet of living space (based on my quick measurements of our 2016 model).

My wife and I watched quite a few of the Tiny House episodes prior to hitting the road full-time. It seemed to me that the tiny houses had much less usable space (no slides, etc.) and what was there wasn't as well used as the space in a good RV. One advantage they did seem to have, however, was thicker walls and more insulation.

I'm not very good at the "Readers' Digest" version of anything, but thanks for motivating me to satisfy my own curiosity.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the information. My Wife has been asking as we also plan on going full time. Gotta sell our businesses, house, boat, motorcycle and lots of other stuff first. if you don't mind me asking, how's full timing in the 337 working out for you guys?

Phil Gaston

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Phil,

The 337 is working very well for us. We had the truck first, so I wasn't comfortable going with the Solitude due to the pin weights and limitations on the truck's rear axle. We still have to be careful about how much and where we load stuff, but the floor plan and space in the 337 are great. I removed the sleeper sofa at the rear and replaced it with my Ekornes recliner. We also got rid of the mattress that came in the unit and replaced it with a good memory/standard/cool-gel "real" mattress. Our only regret is not having had the time to wait on ordering a unit so we could get double pane windows. We have the second A/C and 12 cu. ft. frig and are really glad we do.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We also love the 337. With the exception of the really bad mattress. That's my next fix, I tried the ole' egg crate thing without much luck...Thanks for your service to this great country and Happy Trails in retirement.