Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

350M Holding tank and drain configuration

Hey folks,
    The Mrs and I are finally in a position to seriously look at upgrading to a 5er and the 350M is a the top of our list. How are the holding tanks configured? Is that a single grey tank or are there multiple tanks?

Also, are all the tanks plumbed to a single dump fitting? I know it sounds like a crazy question, but I've seen some RVs with multiple sewer connections.

Thanks in advance!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 350M has two black tanks and one gray tank.

Front toilet is connected to front black tank.

Kitchen, shower, and bathroom sink are connected to the gray tank.

All fixtures in the rear bathroom and the washer/dryer are connected to the rear black tank.
    Colan and Marilyn Arnold
    Des Moines, IA - kind of, on the road full time.
    Currently in Durango, Colorado
    Momentum 350M originally, now a 397TH

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carnolddsm View Post
    The 350M has two black tanks and one gray tank.

Front toilet is connected to front black tank.

Kitchen, shower, and bathroom sink are connected to the gray tank.

All fixtures in the rear bathroom and the washer/dryer are connected to the rear black tank.
    Thanks! Any ideas on the approximate sizes of the black tanks? I would assume they are split 50/50, however we all know what happens when we assume.

RetiredATC
    I am looking for some guidance on how to drain my black and gray water tanks. I see two sewer hose connection points on the left side of the coach. However, I only see one valve (black) pull handle. I know that the black handle valve releases black water from the rear sewer hose connector. I assume only one black water tank. I note that there appear to be valve switches located in the docking station on the left side of the coach (black and gray). Moreover, the owners manual does not mention the second (forward) sewer hose connection point. I am looking for a specific sequence on how to drain all tanks and which hose connector to use, and in what order. Which tanks are routed to what connection point? Thanks in advance to anyone who has mastered the "big drain".

RetiredATC
    So, it would appear that the black pull handle valve releases the rear bath black tank through the rear sewer connection point. This black water tank contains rear toilet black water, rear sink grey and W/D grey. The switches in the docking station release the forward black and grey tanks through the forward sewer connection point. Do I have this right?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have it exactly right

In case you didn't notice you also have two black tank flushers, one for each black tank.
    2016 Momentum 350M (w/Goodyear G614 tires matched perfect and staggered special!)
    2010 Ford F350 Lariat 6.4L PowerStroke 4x4 CrewCab SRW
    PullRite SuperGlide 20k hitch

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got a bit confused over this same issue. If there's only one gray tank, why do I have indications for gray 1 and gray 2 on the panel indicating levels? Based on my experience my past outing, and replies to this thread, it now makes since if the garage plumbing is all tied to just the rear black tank (black 2). Just being the wife and I, we never used the rear toilet, however, I did run water in the rear sink (a good amount) thinking this was gray 2. Later I saw drips from the rear sewer pipe and opened the aft "T" handle behind the rear wheel knowing that we haven't used the rear toilet and saw clear fresh water flowing out, which I assumed is the sink water I ran earlier. Just trying to figure this configuration out, is the correct? So where is grey 2 if the garage is all tied into the rear (2) black?
    Tim & Brenda
    2016 Momentum 350M
    2013 F350 DRW Factory Prep Tow Package 8ft Bed 4X4
    Good-Year G614
    B&W Companion 3300
    Firestone RideRiite
    2009 Harley-Davidson FLHTCU Ultra Classic Electra Glide
    2002 Harley-Davidson FXDWG Dyna Wide Glide
    Male Cocker "Scooter"

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner View Post
    I got a bit confused over this same issue. If there's only one gray tank, why do I have indications for gray 1 and gray 2 on the panel indicating levels? Based on my experience my past outing, and replies to this thread, it now makes since if the garage plumbing is all tied to just the rear black tank (black 2). Just being the wife and I, we never used the rear toilet, however, I did run water in the rear sink (a good amount) thinking this was gray 2. Later I saw drips from the rear sewer pipe and opened the aft "T" handle behind the rear wheel knowing that we haven't used the rear toilet and saw clear fresh water flowing out, which I assumed is the sink water I ran earlier. Just trying to figure this configuration out, is the correct? So where is grey 2 if the garage is all tied into the rear (2) back?
    There is no gray 2. The panel shows it but it doesn't exist. My guess is they bought a large batch of panels to be used across multiple models and they added a gray 2 the panel just in case.
    2016 Momentum 350M (w/Goodyear G614 tires matched perfect and staggered special!)
    2010 Ford F350 Lariat 6.4L PowerStroke 4x4 CrewCab SRW
    PullRite SuperGlide 20k hitch

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pg_rider View Post
    There is no gray 2. The panel shows it but it doesn't exist. My guess is they bought a large batch of panels to be used across multiple models and they added a gray 2 the panel just in case.
    Ok, so only 1 gray tank, tied to the gray water sources fwd of the garage, then black 1 is fwd toilet, black 2 is aft toilet, washer, and aft sink? Then 1st "t" handle fwd bay drains black 1, 2nd "t" handle fwd bay is the only gray tank, the outside aft "T" handle drains all the garage sources? Trying to get this nailed down..Crazy why GD doesn't provide a plumbing schematic, model specific. It would clear up a lot of questions new owners have verses trial and error approach to "learn" your new RV. Thanks for your input.
    Tim & Brenda
    2016 Momentum 350M
    2013 F350 DRW Factory Prep Tow Package 8ft Bed 4X4
    Good-Year G614
    B&W Companion 3300
    Firestone RideRiite
    2009 Harley-Davidson FLHTCU Ultra Classic Electra Glide
    2002 Harley-Davidson FXDWG Dyna Wide Glide
    Male Cocker "Scooter"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same panel is used on multiple models. The 350m has no Gray 2.
    Colan and Marilyn Arnold
    Des Moines, IA - kind of, on the road full time.
    Currently in Durango, Colorado
    Momentum 350M originally, now a 397TH

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast