User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    slosilva

Hitch Recommendations-337 RLS+2016 Ford F350 Short bed

Just joined the forum but have been reading various posts since buying my Reflection 337 in April 2015. I'm switching trucks to a 2016 Ford F350 with a short bed. It has the Ford factory installed fifth wheel prep package. I was surprised to see there are limited options for this setup. I need a hitch that is easily removed as I also tow often using the integrated gooseneck ball. I've narrowed my choices down to the Reese Elite w/slider ($$$$) or the Curt Q20 w/ slider. A local RV shop said I could get away without having a slider and recommended the B&W drop in hitch compatible with Fords. Suggestions? Anyone else towing a reflection with a 2011 or later short bed Ford SD? On another note this is my first RV and I've been shocked at how much warranty work gets done on a new RV. Is this normal? I've owned the fifth wheel for a year and it's been at the dealer more than 50% of that time. I really like the Reflection but I'm questioning GD's quality...or is this normal? Thanks in advance.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too have a Super Duty with prep kit. I started with a Sidewinder Pin Box and Reese 16K from my previous set up (5' 7" bed in F150). I got the Reese picture frame adapter which fits the pucks but has rails for mounting my 16K. I did this because of the price of the Reese puck hitch. Later I learned of the Curt Q20 and B&W RVK3300 hitches which both drop into the prep pucks. B&W is one of the best and has the option to move the hitch head further away from the cab, so I probably would have gotten that one had I known. Since then I've discovered the Andersen Ultimate hitch which is a completely different concept, weighs from 32 to 45 lbs depending on model and will fit either rails or goose ball. It gets great reviews and the light weight will keep me from injury. Before you blow it off because it is different, Pullrite Superlite has just come out with the same concept.
    So I am getting the Andersen Ultimate rail mount to go on the Reese adapter.
    2015 Ford F350 SRW CrewCab SB 6.7 PSD, Andersen Ultimate fifth wheel hitch
    2012 Cougar High Country 299RKS, Mor/Ryde pin box, 300w of solar
    1/77 Armor Bn, 5th Mech, I Corps, RVN

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum!

Another option would be the Andersen Ultimate hitch attached to the gooseneck ball in the truck. Many on here already using that set-up on short-bed trucks without issue. I'm using a B&W Patriot (non-sliding) hitch with our 337 and am happy with that...I never used the slider that was in it previously. You may not always be able to get to 90 degrees backing up, but you'll find that as you get more experience, you won't need to either.

As far as new RV's and service work required, it's an RV thing...whether new or old, there's always something to work on or improve. If you rely on the dealership to fix everything that ever needs attention, you'll soon be frustrated. Whether under warranty or not I've fixed most things myself as I'd rather have it in my driveway available for camping than sitting in the dealer's yard waiting for repair.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you consider its like a rolling earthquake, things break or come loose. Even high end RVs have problems.
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Checkout Pullrite slider for short beds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are considering Reese, you can go up one more step to their Titan model.
    http://www.reeseprod.com/products/fi...BrcLCGYA3BkB8d
    Cast head, interlocked jaws, vibration isolation built in.
    We have the round tube slider version and like it a lot.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2015 F350 SB with the 337 and have the Reese Elite 18k hitch. Was thinking we needed the slider but dealer talked is out of it and not having any problems without the slider.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like my manual slider for maneuvering when backing into a site. Being able to put the trailer pin 10" behind the axle means that the trailer reacts much more quickly to changes in truck angle.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Andersen Ultimate here. At 37lbs, its hard to beat a one person removal.

Cent frum my sell phone so pleeze excuse my spelling and grahmar.
    Zac and Charlene
    Frank and Bella (four-legged kids)
    2014 Reflection 337RLS- SteadyFast stabilizers, Oxygenics shower head, residential sink faucet, residential mattress.
    2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT- EFI Live, MBRP 4" exhaust, LBZ mouthpiece, AirLift Airbags, RDS 60G combo aux tank, and B&W turnover/Andersen Ultimate 5th Wheel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Andersen Ultimate hitch attached to the gooseneck ball in the truck is what we have used for over a year, love it , easy to install, easy and quick to remove.The Andersen hitch and factory ball i would be willing to bet less expensive than any other fifth wheel hitch. Good Luck!!!!!
    Becky, BoBo and Mike
    2015 Solitude 369RL
    2020 GMC 2500 Duramax
    Anderson Ultimate 5th wheel hitch

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast