Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Auto level rear jacks

We are the proud owners of a new 2016 303rls reflection. When we did our PDI I measured 8 inches clearance btw the ground and the jack base. Has anyone hit the ground when pulling over uneven ground like driveways etc?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations! Welcome to the group. Be aware they are there when crossing speed bumps or ditches
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

tandemrotor46
    My wife and I just took delivery of a 29RS and I am also concerned with the rear jack clearance. The dealer told me you could unbolt the jacks and move them up. Has anyone done this?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I bought my 29RS the rear jacks had 5" clearance, which I thought looked too low. I did some research and found that Lippert recommends 7" of clearance, or for them to be above the "plane of departure" I believe the term is... That's an imaginary line from the bottom of the rear tire to the bottom of the frame at the rear of the unit. I had my dealer raise them, and I now have 7.5" of clearance which is within specs. If you have 8" clearance, you should be good.
    Jim & Ginny
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-350 King Ranch DRW

tandemrotor46
    Thanks. I'm fairly certain that I'm around 5" of clearance. I'll get a solid measurement and go from there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tandemrotor46 View Post
    My wife and I just took delivery of a 29RS and I am also concerned with the rear jack clearance. The dealer told me you could unbolt the jacks and move them up. Has anyone done this?
    Did mine yesterday... Took all of 15 minutes with impact and 3/4 wrench to get it to move all the way up. Works great now
    Taj & Carmen (Counting the days...)
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2016 F350 DRW Lariat FX4
    Discovery Bay Ca

tandemrotor46
    What was your clearance before adjusting? How far did you move them? What's the clearance now? Was there a TQ spec or just good-n-tight?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just hand tightened it as I am not aware of a TQ spec. Went all the way to the top now based on what I read here.
    Used to be around ~6-7" off the ground visually with 3 holes left at the top. (didnt measure but it was too low and scraped at the local gas station)
    Rather be high and use a couple of blocks then be low. Either way, when I dropped it off at stroage, I am ok now
    Taj & Carmen (Counting the days...)
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2016 F350 DRW Lariat FX4
    Discovery Bay Ca

tandemrotor46
    Thanks for the info. I have a bunch of old leveling blocks from my old trailer as well. Definitely going to adjust mine.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We sold our 2400BH Imagine and got a Reflection 150 240RL. I didn't notice how low the rear jacks/stabilizers are until the walk through when they had them retracted. I found this older thread on the topic. I asked the tech and he said it would be fine, being they are right behind the wheels, rather than further down the frame toward the rear. There are adjustment holes, but the powerhead is within a half an inch of the bottom of the wheel well. Does anyone make a roller or wheel that can go in place of the foot pad during transport? Better than ripping the jack off. Maybe the fact that there doesn't seem to be a great deal of discussion on this topic is a good thing?

Thank you