Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pullrite Superglide vs B&W Patriot slider

I've narrowed down my choices to the above hitches. I've read that with the Pullrite, you must be within 10 degrees of center to hitch. About the only place that I'm not within 10 degrees is when parking in my backyard. Is it impossible or just more difficult to unhitch at more than 10 degrees? I rarely use my Reese slider, because I just watch closely when parking and the Reese just doesn't slide all that well anyway. I've only pulled my Momentum 328M once, home from the dealer and didn't really pay attention to see how close it got to the truck cab compared to our prior 5th wheel. I'm planning on making it's maiden voyage from Michigan to Florida coming up next month so I need to order very soon. I'm leaning towards the Pullrite if I can unhitch it without a problem. It's a little more money up front but not worrying about damaging the truck is worth it. Both hitches are the 18K model. I also have the Reese rails in my truck already so I'll be going with an ISR model hitch.
    2015 Momentum 328M
    2007 Dodge Ram 3500

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After having the Superglide for two years I have a B&W coming in tomorrow.
    Floyd - Lake Tenkiller, OK (and occasionally Okla City)
    2014 Reflection 303RLS #9
    2020 Transend Xplor 221RB
    2016 F150 SuperCrew EcoBoost w/HDPP and MaxTow

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has to be within 10 degrees or it will not unhitch.
    Gary and Lisa
    2016 Reflection 27rl
    05 Silverado 2500hd Duramax
    Bailey a Maltipoo. Mike a Bichonpoo[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]/https://goo.gl/photos/TdfLaZHpXE4i1FYm6]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the B&W for the Ram OEM pucks (Non-Slider). It's great, the ease of hookup is amazing for a newer person like me. No question if weather or not it's locked.

Solitudes + Shortbeds seems to not get a long at all. With the B&W I get pretty good turning radius. You should be able to get really good with a Momentum. Add a slider and I think you'll be able to get anywhere you'll ever be willing to go.

I'm also really impressed how quiet the hitch is. A friend of mine had a Reese, you could hear it half a mile away..

2015 Laramie 3500 MegaCab 4x4 DRW Maximum Steel
    Aisin | 4.10 | Air Assist | 37,800 GCWR
    2015 Grand Design Solitude 365DEN
    https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1459/...75d6a83b_n.jpg

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My manual, #4100 Superglide, says 16° to hitch.
    ETA....Now, I cannot use the capability of the slider to make a 90° turn, as the pin box will hit the side rails of the truck well before 90°. It does help with reducing the inside tracking of the fiver.
    2016 303RLS
    2010 Dodge 3500 SRW 4X4 Crew Cab, 3.73 axle ratio (now pushing 20,000 miles)
    Pullrite Superglide 16K
    Six five gallon fuel cans, converted away from CARB compliance, which reside, as needed, under my BAKflip G2

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Owned pullrite superglide , worked great !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Own a pullrite 20k now, but not a superglide . Our hitch works great , never had a issue hooking up .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, I have the Pullrite slider 18K. I am pulling with a 2014 F350 short bed SRW. The truck did not have the factory set up for the post and rails. All that came with the hitch from Pullrite. I bought the hitch online and had a shop near me install the system. Our rig is a 305RE Solitude, and I have not a issue with the turn radius so far (tapping on wood). It is true, about the 10 degrees of center statement. One time, I had to pull the pins on the head leaving the head attached to the king pin and raising the camper with the landing gear, pulled truck out from under it , unhooked the head, put it back onto the hitch, and backed under it again. The dealer lowered the pin box on the camper so that I have 6 inches between the top of the bed and underside of the camper.
    Good luck and safe travels.
    John Joscelyne

Forgot to state that it is a 18K superglide
    Last edited by Joscelyne3; 02-28-2016 at 04:45 PM.
    John & Carol Joscelyne and Hexy
    Red 2014 Ford F-350 Platinum, SRW, CC, Short bed with roll-N-lock cover.
    With replacement 50 gallon TransferFlow fuel tank, Magnaflow air intake, Edge CT turner.
    Pullrite superglide fifth wheel hitch.
    2015 Grand Design 305RE Solitude, with slide out toppers, <new>Titan disc brakes and Goodyear "G" rated tires.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just ordered the B&W Patriot 18k slider from Tweetys. I decided that I didn't want to deal with all the extra moving parts with the Pullrite and I really doubt I'll need the automatic slider much anyways. I've used the old manual slider for 8 years without a problem so far.
    2015 Momentum 328M
    2007 Dodge Ram 3500

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a Pullrite slider in my F350. It was hard to hitch, hard to unhitch and just because the lever snapped shut did not mean that the jaw was closed. As was said you had better be nearly straight or you won't be able to unhitch. In my new truck I have the Patriot slider. It is a real joy to latch and unlatch. I hear very little noise coming from it while driving.
    It's not a big deal to get out and unlock it and then pull forward to lock in into the rear position.
    The only warning I have and this was from another forum- if you have the slide in the rear position the back of your pin hitch can contact your tailgate in certain situations. So I took a piece of rope and put a loop on each end. I lower the tailgate about 6" and run the rope around the top portion of the tailgate and then to the cleats on the side walls of my truck bed. Doesn't take but less than a minute but cheaper than tearing up a tailgate.
    Donald AKA johndeerefarmer
    2020 Ford F350 Powerstroke diesel
    2017 F150 ecoboost max tow
    2016 Reflection 29RS VIN# 573FR322XG3305717

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast