User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    mgsemperfi

Auto leveling airbags

Anyone use the Ram ALA bags.
    Should I include them in the purchase..?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2500 or 3500?

I have the 3500 version (Completely different from the 2500). I love them. The pin weight of my solitude sits around 3,200 lbs. When I lower it on, it drops a good three inches then raises it right back. No fussing with controls or guessing. It's all auto-magic. Makes unhooking easy too. You'll know when the weight's off when you hear it release the air pressure. Zero guessing required at that point.

It keeps this heavy monster in check.
    2015 Laramie 3500 MegaCab 4x4 DRW Maximum Steel
    Aisin | 4.10 | Air Assist | 37,800 GCWR
    2015 Grand Design Solitude 365DEN
    https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1459/...75d6a83b_n.jpg

bob1340
    I have the 2500 with them. It's a cool system, but I trust it like a very humid phart. I really like the truck I got for features and price. I would of never ordered a truck with it. I figured it was air bags inside coil springs. Nope, it's just air. What I don't like about it is I can't put air bags on the truck to help with cargo capacity.
    But with all that said, the system works pretty cool. Throw on a load and the truck just levels itself back up. If it is durable it will be great. I can't confirm this on a 2500 but I'm thinking once you go beyond the cargo capacity X degrees the system goes into a limp mode. The one reason I think this may be not true with the 2500 is they'd need separate systems for different engine combos as the cargo capacities are so different. IE the CTD has a 1000 less cargo capacity than a 6.4 Hemi.
    One feature of it I do like is you can set it to what is called "Alternate Trailer Height" which sits the rear about 1"-1.5" lower.
    I tow a TT right now (850 hitch weight, 8500 tow) and the system is great for that. I am hoping once I get a 5'er I won't go into limp mode. I'm going to install Timbrens.
    If you are looking at the system remember this-- it's a $1,500 option and you can install very reliable Air Lift bags with an onboard air system that will last the life of the truck for less than half that price. And you have the control of it, not your truck computer and it won't go into a limp mode.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a new 3500 with auto level. I think Dodge has a great accessory as they perform very well. My other truck had the add on air lift that was great for towing but I think had a very negative effect on the ride when you did not have a load. I do highly recommend the OEM.
    If You are Lucky ... You are Lucky Enough

Bob & Jayne
    Ninety Six, SC & Ft. Myers, FL
    2022 Solitude 390 GK R
    2020 RAM 3500 SRD 4x4 Limited
    6.7l H/O & Aisin trans