Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any Reflection 318 owners out there?

My wife and I are seriously considering the 318 for our first RV, we also looked at the 303 and I really liked that model for it's length and weight. However, the Mrs. really liked the 318's slide out bedroom and larger wardrobe area. I've been reading a lot of post here for pointers and tips, by the way you all are a wealth of information. I noticed the most common models are the 337 and 303 which a factory rep told me is GD's most popular model. So, I'm interested in people's experiences with the 318 or just your opinion.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The build should be equal across the line so I would just get the model that best suits your needs. I like the 318 for being a slightly smaller version of the 337 which is my wife's first choice.
    2015 Ford F350 SRW CrewCab SB 6.7 PSD, Andersen Ultimate fifth wheel hitch
    2012 Cougar High Country 299RKS, Mor/Ryde pin box, 300w of solar
    1/77 Armor Bn, 5th Mech, I Corps, RVN

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The kitchen layout of the 303/337 with the island, works really well . . . particularly if more than one person is involved in either preparation or cleanup. The reduced counter space, pantry location and lack of access to the fridge with slides in, would make me wonder about the 318 layout. Just my opinion.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The wife and I walked thru a 318 a couple weeks ago at a local RV show. Our feelings were the same as Cate&Bobs. The location of the pantry and the cramped kitchen area was a big turnoff. We love to cook and having to walk around the kitchen counter to get to the pantry wouldn't work for us. I guess if two people are cooking at the same time then one could be a designated pantry person . The 337 kitchen seems more cook friendly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just purchased a 318 last week. It came down between the 318 and the 337. I think it was the extra foot in length that pushed us to the 318 as we do a lot of our camping in forest service campgrounds where sometimes it is very hard to find sites over 35 feet. The pantry location was a consideration for us but we do a lot of outdoor cooking and thought it location would prevent from tracking up the trailer. The wife said when she cooks indoors I could stand there and hand her what she needs.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought a 318RST and also considered the 337RLS. We chose the 318 because the TV can be viewed from the kitchen while cooking (requirement for my wife), it's slightly shorter and we prefer the "peninsula" to the island in the 337. It gives us a bit more space in the middle of the "living room". Really splitting hairs though as they are VERY similar otherwise. We like them both. The only regret I have to buying a Reflection is I'm 6' 4" and I keep hitting my head walking into/out of the bedroom. Apparently I'm a very slow learner. The Solitudes have more head room up front although I still don't think I could walk through the bedroom door without ducking. I may hang a red flag from the bedroom door frame.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    We bought a 318RST and also considered the 337RLS. We chose the 318 because the TV can be viewed from the kitchen while cooking (requirement for my wife), it's slightly shorter and we prefer the "peninsula" to the island in the 337. It gives us a bit more space in the middle of the "living room". Really splitting hairs though as they are VERY similar otherwise. We like them both. The only regret I have to buying a Reflection is I'm 6' 4" and I keep hitting my head walking into/out of the bedroom. Apparently I'm a very slow learner. The Solitudes have more head room up front although I still don't think I could walk through the bedroom door without ducking. I may hang a red flag from the bedroom door frame.
    So Brian walked into a bar and Kellie ducked.
    2015 Ford F350 SRW CrewCab SB 6.7 PSD, Andersen Ultimate fifth wheel hitch
    2012 Cougar High Country 299RKS, Mor/Ryde pin box, 300w of solar
    1/77 Armor Bn, 5th Mech, I Corps, RVN

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought the 317RST in December. We like the pantry position and walk through bath a little better then the 318. Lenght and weight also entered into our decision. So far, we love the RV.
    Ron
    2016 Reflection 317RST
    2012 Ram 3500, SRW, CC, LB 4x4 6.7 Cummins
    Katy, Texas

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for the information and thoughts on the 318 I greatly appreciate it. I agree with some of the comments about the location of the pantry and closed in cooking area but we really prefer the slide out bedroom. We plan on attending an RV Show this weekend at Cal Expo in Sacramento, CA where GD will have the 318 and others on display. We want to go through it again to make sure this is the model we want. For me looking at what I'm thinking of purchasing multiple times prior to committing makes me more comfortable with my decision. The first time we looked at them we were so excited that I know we didn't noticed alot of things. Again thank you all for the information.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're supposed to pick up our 318 on Saturday. I liked the layout immediately, and the features were more what we were looking for. Each person has different likes/wants. For us, we absolutely didn't want an outdoor kitchen/wet bar, and we didn't need bunk beds. Plus we liked the very large front closet. Mrs. Slowpoke liked the kitchen very much, and we both liked the lighter colors/tones to include the lighter countertops in the 318.

It was a bit bigger (and heavier) than I really wanted to tow around, but it had every feature we were looking for, and nothing we didn't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast